Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. #101 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Regular
    I ordered some Honda XR 80 handlebar clamps to mount high-rise MX type handlebars on the CT70 and Z50 clones... maybe the hack too. I'd like to try the bars a little higher and farther forward on the little bikes. The folding stock bars are fine for sit down putting around, but I'd like mx style bars for trail riding etc. The stock bars also feel slightly loose on some of these bikes.

2. #102 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Just out of curiosity, you should call mefastmotors http://www.mefastmotors.com/ to see what they are selling them for. I know it's too late for you, but for the next guy...

barnone--you should invite that guy here.

3. #103 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Just out of curiosity, you should call mefastmotors http://www.mefastmotors.com/ to see what they are selling them for. I know it's too late for you, but for the next guy...

barnone--you should invite that guy here.
    I did invite the guy from ADVrider to join us here but no response so far.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #104 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Regular
    Anybody have knowledge about motor freight shipping charges? I can't imagine it costs much less than $200 to ship one of these bikes from California to Pennsylvania. It's probably a 200lb pallet.

5. #105 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Quote Originally Posted by scottro View Post
    I ordered some Honda XR 80 handlebar clamps to mount high-rise MX type handlebars on the CT70 and Z50 clones... maybe the hack too. I'd like to try the bars a little higher and farther forward on the little bikes. The folding stock bars are fine for sit down putting around, but I'd like mx style bars for trail riding etc. The stock bars also feel slightly loose on some of these bikes.
    The bars are tight on my three bikes with the folding bars however a little more room would be appreciated. I am interested in seeing your photos of the higher bars.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

6. #106 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Regular
    I'll post pics when I get the clamps in-hand and get a bike set-up. Hopefully I can raise the bars and move them forward a couple inches without having to replace cables. The folding bars are useful if you're cramming a Z50 into the backseat of a car or shipping crate, but I haven't found many other situations where they offer an advantage. lol

7. #107 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Senior
    I timed the Lifan tonight on the way home from work with a GPS speedo on my iPhone, 52.6mph. Would like to get a machined down hub next and fit a 28 tooth rear sprocket, possibly an 18 on the front and then see what it will do.

8. #108 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Quote Originally Posted by trexuk View Post
    I timed the Lifan tonight on the way home from work with a GPS speedo on my iPhone, 52.6mph. Would like to get a machined down hub next and fit a 28 tooth rear sprocket, possibly an 18 on the front and then see what it will do.
    That's not too shabby! My all time favorite bike was the Honda CT70, and is the Skyteam or anyone else's clone nowadays. I don't know if I had mentioned the first time I laid eyes on her--I was in fifth grade in 1980, and my two older sisters were in high school--an all-girls private school. My mom had picked me up from school, and we went to get my sisters. There was a line waiting to get into the school, and the most beautiful thing caught my eye. She was sitting there in all her beauty!! A young student (maybe on old nun--I wasn't checking out the girl so did not pay attention ) was sitting on sex on wheels--a little contraption I had never seen before!! Little dirt bike thingy, but with street lighting. That was the greatest machine I had ever seen ...

Ironically, I never owned one, although could have bought an early 90's Honda version for $500 from an old college friend's boss who had bought it for his 11 year old son, and still have not bought one in spite of the sub-$900 deal barnone got. Maybe it was just a crush . I will have one, one day--I swear!!

9. #109 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Senior
    The bulk of the looks i get when ridung the Lifan are from teenage boys between 13 and 16 i would say, i get a few from adult men in their 50s who obviously remember them the first time round. Saw my first ST in the early 80s when a boss of mine turned up to work on one, i fell in love with it instantly. Within a month i had bought a spare one from him that he as selling, been hooked ever since.

10. #110 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Guru
    As i was 13 years old, Poland was 6 years communism free. We had no idea that Honda make such beautyfull things for “Kids”.
    We had a similar product, we thought that it was a Polish idea, but it comes out that the Polish producer was inspired with CT70.

The motorcycle name was Romet Pony 50 (motorynka). It is a 49ccm two-stroke engine, with two gears.
    images_thumb_992111_526_396_adaptive.jpg

It was my dream since I was 13. My father had lean this motorcycle for few weeks, so he can teach me how to drive it.
    I could make a driver license for 50ccm at age of 14. But my mother is a surgical nurse.
    She found out that my Dad let me drive this thing and it was forbidden. She saw to many broken bones on the operation table after motorcycle accidents….

Polish manufacturer produced the Pony models from 1978 till 1994.

My dream comes true few years ago, I became the last model, from the last year of production, from my sister in low at Christmas.

1012771_449020991860184_128399577_n.jpg

And now I read you thread about the clones od CT70 and Skyteam models,and I realize that I will buy a 125ccm. Just for fun, to cruise at the side roads of my Village.

It is not cheap for me, but I think I will buy a used one from germany, maybe next year (if my bees give me enough money to do that).

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast