Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
  1. #111 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    still have not bought one in spite of the sub-$900 deal barnone got.
    EDIT
    culcume,
    My CT70 clone was $1039.90 delivered by the time shipping was added so you are right. I am very happy with the price and I think it is a solid bike. I just received the MSO so I am good to register the bike but will wait to I return to my home in Florida.

.0927140904-01.jpg
    Will do some GPS "high speed runs" tomorrow.
    Last edited by barnone; 10-25-2014 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Senior Moment
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #112 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Quote Originally Posted by beniamin82 View Post
    As i was 13 years old, Poland was 6 years communism free. We had no idea that Honda make such beautyfull things for “Kids”.
    We had a similar product, we thought that it was a Polish idea, but it comes out that the Polish producer was inspired with CT70.

The motorcycle name was Romet Pony 50 (motorynka). It is a 49ccm two-stroke engine, with two gears.
    Attachment 16331

It was my dream since I was 13. My father had lean this motorcycle for few weeks, so he can teach me how to drive it.
    I could make a driver license for 50ccm at age of 14. But my mother is a surgical nurse.
    She found out that my Dad let me drive this thing and it was forbidden. She saw to many broken bones on the operation table after motorcycle accidents….

Polish manufacturer produced the Pony models from 1978 till 1994.

My dream comes true few years ago, I became the last model, from the last year of production, from my sister in low at Christmas.

Attachment 16332

And now I read you thread about the clones od CT70 and Skyteam models,and I realize that I will buy a 125ccm. Just for fun, to cruise at the side roads of my Village.

It is not cheap for me, but I think I will buy a used one from germany, maybe next year (if my bees give me enough money to do that).
    I like that bike! I had never heard or seen one until you posted it. Interesting they made them until 20 years ago. Perhaps someone will get the rights, and have a Chinese manufacturer start making them again--perhaps with a 125cc engine?

C-Moto Guru
    Culcune, they (romet) are the biggest polish importer for chinesee bikes. For the most of models they buy parts and assembly them itself. Here a litle history in English of course.
    http://www.romet.pl/en/History,14.html

At the restart of motorbikes production they sold in Poland this thing as new pony.

4. #114 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Regular
    Barnone, how are you getting them plated w/o the MSO? Once they're plated/titled, does it matter whether you have the MSO or not?

It's too much hassle in Pennsylvania to get a title and plate for most Chinese-built bikes after 2007-2008. Some manufacturers/distributors were shady back then and stamped the same VIN number on a lot of bikes/scooters. PennDOT never forgave them and now you have to jump thru all kinds of hoops. I register all mine thru Vermont now. They don't title bikes below 300cc, but you get a registration card that serves as legal proof of ownership.

On a happy note, I started up the Wildfire CT70 clone on Thursday evening, and apparently the oil ring has come "unstuck" on it's own. Previously, the bike smoked pretty badly, but it's not smoking now ! An oil change and running it a bit must have dissolved the crud and carbon around the ring. For a 70cc bike, it pulls pretty hard.

No word on my Ice Bear sidehack. I expect to see/hear something within the next week or so.

5. #115 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Quote Originally Posted by scottro View Post
    Barnone, how are you getting them plated w/o the MSO? Once they're plated/titled, does it matter whether you have the MSO or not?
    I need the MSO in order to get them registered and plated. I am a FL resident so I plate them in FL.

I have the registration and tag on the monkey hack and have the MSO for the Z50 clone and received the MSO today for the CT70 clone. So I am a happy camper.
    Safer is slow on the shipping for some reason but fast on the MSO. The other two were fast on the shipping but slow on the MSO.
    Last edited by barnone; 10-25-2014 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Received the Last MSO Today
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

6. #116 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Quote Originally Posted by trexuk View Post
    The bulk of the looks i get when ridung the Lifan are from teenage boys between 13 and 16 i would say, i get a few from adult men in their 50s who obviously remember them the first time round. Saw my first ST in the early 80s when a boss of mine turned up to work on one, i fell in love with it instantly. Within a month i had bought a spare one from him that he as selling, been hooked ever since.
    What are you saying?Is this the new pedo ride?Ditching the van with free candy?

7. #117 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Quote Originally Posted by beniamin82 View Post
    Culcune, they (romet) are the biggest polish importer for chinesee bikes. For the most of models they buy parts and assembly them itself. Here a litle history in English of course.
    http://www.romet.pl/en/History,14.html

At the restart of motorbikes production they sold in Poland this thing as new pony.
    I have to say, it is the Pony in spirit

8. #118 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    EDIT
    culcume,
    My CT70 clone was $1039.90 delivered by the time shipping was added so you are right. I am very happy with the price and I think it is a solid bike. I just received the MSO so I am good to register the bike but will wait to I return to my home in Florida.

.0927140904-01.jpg
    Will do some GPS "high speed runs" tomorrow.
    Will you be taking it or the Z50 clone to the Dragon before you head to Fla? I will be out of commission--A woman in an SUV ran me off the road and I broke my clavicle earlier today.

For those not familiar with American SUVs, they really are as MASSIVE as their legend says they are--even bigger!!!

9. #119 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Senior
    Had a final run on the Lifan yesterday for 2 weeks. Am away all next week on a training course then away on holiday for a week. Managed to squeeze a mile or two more out of it. Clocked it at 54.7 mph, may have got a bit more but ran out of straight road and my progress was hampered by cars dithering about. On return from holiday going to buy the machined down hub.

10. #120 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Will you be taking it or the Z50 clone to the Dragon before you head to Fla? I will be out of commission--A woman in an SUV ran me off the road and I broke my clavicle earlier today.

For those not familiar with American SUVs, they really are as MASSIVE as their legend says they are--even bigger!!!
    Sorry to hear about your crash resulting in a broken clavicle (collarbone). How long are you off riding? How much damage to your bike?

I might take the Z50 clone to the Dragon before we head to FL for the winter. Looks like we might be staying in NC a little longer this year than usual because of a wedding after Thanksgiving. Also my wife is teaching fiddle at a after school program and has a very promising student that she wants to help so she wants to stay a little longer. Some children can really pick up fiddling in a short time.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast