Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
  1. #131 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Senior
    Most of my riding would be from near sea level, to maybe 2000 feet. Now, I could ride up to the observatories on Mauna Kea, at well over 13,000 feet. But, I would freeze up there. Realistically, I don't think I'd get over 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Birdmove--what is the average elevation of the big island? I mean, obviously sea level where you live, but getting to the interior, will you see 3k' sections? That is where barnone is riding at getting 56 mph, so if you are far lower elevations in the majority of your riding, 'your gains will vary' (for the better!).

2. #132 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    15017507883_b33fda23c6_c.jpg
    At Deal's Gap yesterday. Kinda dwarfed by the 1800 Wing.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #133 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmove View Post
    Most of my riding would be from near sea level, to maybe 2000 feet. Now, I could ride up to the observatories on Mauna Kea, at well over 13,000 feet. But, I would freeze up there. Realistically, I don't think I'd get over 2000.
    How is the lava flow? I just saw photos on the Weather Channel.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

4. #134 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Regular
    Just a heads-up for possible upcoming deals... For the last few years, Wholesale Cycle has had good sales on the Skyteam CT70 and Z50 clones from approx Mid-Nov thru early spring. Typically, the CT70 clone has been $1100 shipped and the Z50 $1K. Last year they sold the Z50 clone for $800 if you picked-up in the store. Right now they don't have any listed on their website. When they have them, they list them as Piranha Flashback bikes, but they're Skyteams.

5. #135 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Senior
    It's getting serious. The little town of Pahoa is maybe 6-7 miles away. I was there Friday and ate lunch at one of my favorite restaurants. After, I went and swam at the beautiful Pahoa Pool, that is free to use. The flow is about a day away from destroying the first home. It will probably flow over and close the main highway in another week or two. That highway has been the only way for residents of "lower Puna (which is a large district on the island of Hawaii) to get to Hili for supplies. The county has repaired two roads, which will be usable for a while for these residents to get to Hawaiin Paradise Park, where we live, and from here to Hilo. Many believe the flow will continue, from Pahoa, to flow to the sea, which will mean that the two recently repaired roads will be closed by the flow. The county is working on Chain of Craters Road, to repair and rebuild it. The lower Puna people will then be able to take that route, which will be WAY longer, but the only other route. People that work in Hilo would suddenly have like a 140 mile commute, instead of their regular 40 mile one.
    The question noone can answer are, where will the flow travel on it's way to the sea? Will it go through one of the large housing developments on it's way? Will the flow widen and cause more destruction of homes? How long will this flow last?

Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    How is the lava flow? I just saw photos on the Weather Channel.

6. #136 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Your poor island! The hurricane was but a few months ago, and now this!!

7. #137 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Quote Originally Posted by scottro View Post
    Just a heads-up for possible upcoming deals... For the last few years, Wholesale Cycle has had good sales on the Skyteam CT70 and Z50 clones from approx Mid-Nov thru early spring. Typically, the CT70 clone has been $1100 shipped and the Z50 $1K. Last year they sold the Z50 clone for $800 if you picked-up in the store. Right now they don't have any listed on their website. When they have them, they list them as Piranha Flashback bikes, but they're Skyteams.
    Powersportsmax has the three Roketa-based Skyteams on sale. I think this company is Roketa's consumer outlet, because all the bikes are right from Roketa's 'wholesale only' site and the prices are low (without shipping) http://www.powersportsmax.com/index.php/cPath/482

Your deal is better IMO because you can pick up the bikes in person. I think the Piranhas are premium Skyteams (importers specify which features they want) and you can ride them once you get them home. Unless you plan to drive to Powersportsmax from out of state, there are very few California-legal bikes they carry, and none of the Skyteam clones are California legal. I think some of the scooters are CARB certified.

Birdmove--you know you want one!

8. #138 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    https://wholesale-cycle.com/product/...k-Z-125-BLACK/

The price war has begun, as far as Z50 replicas go.

Not on sale, yet, but I wonder if they would price match?
    https://wholesale-cycle.com/product/...ck-CT-125-RED/

9. #139 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Found this site--good articles and video. We should invite them to our thread

http://trailone10.com/category/vehic...ashback-z-125/

10. #140 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    These guys are out of the Huntington Beach area of California. They sell and modify SSR scooters and sell California-certified Skyteam clones (hence the higher prices) http://www.thescootersolution.com/ The have a separate site that modifies bikes called Bixby Moto. I have posted videos of theirs before from youtube. One of their videos showed them blasting around the Huntington Beach area on modified z50 clones, and another one shows them hitting 80 MPH on Interstate 5 between San Francisco and the L.A. area on a z50 clone. http://www.bixbymoto.com/

This is my favorite video of theirs

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast