Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3132122232425 ... LastLast
  1. #221 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Senior
    NIce looking bike, there, Scott! I'd like to read about what you think of it when you ride it. Like how cramped is it for you and such. I'm about 5'9" or 5'10" and 195.

2. #222 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi Scott, welcome to the thread. I have a Facebook group that covers clones too, its Dax CT70 ST70 Clones if you are interested? Nice looking little clone, looks like a Skyteam in your photo. Cant really comment on off road tyres, i went for road tyres on mine with Conti Sport Twists.

3. #223 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmove View Post
    NIce looking bike, there, Scott! I'd like to read about what you think of it when you ride it. Like how cramped is it for you and such. I'm about 5'9" or 5'10" and 195.
    birdmove: I can tell you it feels pretty small to me! Actually more wheelbase short and correspondingly twitchy than riding position short or cramped. But I haven't been on a minibike in a very long time and my frame of reference is full size (my current bike is a KLR 250). I'm 6'1" and 200 so I'm pretty much at the max for the IB. My wife's 5'2" and 125, so she'll be fine. I wouldn't see me doing much commuting on it even on the country roads I take to work. But I will ride it some just to keep on top of how it's doing.

My hope is that when she gets comfortable enough on it we can putter around the unpaved back roads around here and down in the Allegheny National Forest in Pennsylvania where we have a family camp. Plenty of dirt roads locally and hundreds of miles of them down in PA. I love doing that on the KLR, just plonking along at low speeds and seeing the country, and the IB will be great for that too.
    -Scott

4. #224 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by trexuk View Post
    Nice looking little clone, looks like a Skyteam in your photo.
    What are the cues you see that makes you think Skyteam?

5. #225 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Senior
    The air filter looks like the model that Skyteam offen use, the colour too. They seem to run them off in batches of certain shades. Suddenly everywhere you look there is for example gold or orange ones. The colour of yours is one I have seen from them. TBH I often wonder if they are all made in one factory then badge engineered.

6. #226 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    trexuk--the Ice Bear DAX clones are the ones with the 4-speed semi-auto transmission; the engine is made by Zongshen, whereas the far more available Skyteams are 4-speed manual, and the engine is made by Loncin. Ice Bears come with a lot more safety disclaimer stickers, too

...but I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't all made in some factory, or at least the rolling chassis, and sent to their respective brand to have the engine installed or something like that. In the US, for instance, in order to be federally certified for both emissions and streetability (lights, turn signals, tires, etc) bikes have to be submitted for testing. There are oftentimes 6 or seven brands of scooters with virtually the same scooter tested and certified on the lists (they are publicly available via the internet as a pdf). I am fairly certain the scooters are made in one, or a series of several factory, or at least the parts are, and then the various 'manufacturers' get the bikes sent to them as so-called knock-down kits--they assemble them and throw their stickers on them and submit them to a US EPA certification lab in China--officially, that complete scooter is 'their' brand per the US government for that particular year, while someone else might have the exact same bike certified as their own.

In Skyteam's case vs. Ice Bear, the difference is the engine. At least, that is my theory!

7. #227 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    I think mine is Skyteam

1026141153.jpg
    Attached Images
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

8. #228 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Noob
    Well I can certify that my Ice Bear had a freaking full compliment of safety stickers! I think I got them all though. I did save them in back of the manual for posterity.

This was my favorite:
    0402151542.jpg

9. #229 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Quote Originally Posted by wsjones View Post
    Well I can certify that my Ice Bear had a freaking full compliment of safety stickers! I think I got them all though. I did save them in back of the manual for posterity.

This was my favorite:
    0402151542.jpg
    Yeah, I would stay off the interstate.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

10. #230 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    I think mine is Skyteam

1026141153.jpg
    I am glad that Roketa decided to import the Skyteam bikes. I believe that SSR is getting away from them, and SkyteamUSA (who are NOT the official skyteam distributor in spite of their name) don't even show them on their site. I think Roketa will keep these bikes moving, which will keep them in the US for quite a while. Also, members like wsjones who prefer the semi-auto trans (ok, his wife, but we know who will be riding 'her' bike ) have revived the Ice Bear DAX clone, although not as widely available, at least online.

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3132122232425 ... LastLast