Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7172526272829 LastLast
  1. #261 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Took the CT70 clone up to the Dragon. Passed two Harleys on the way there!

Attached Images
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #262 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffo View Post
    Hello Sir; About 6 months ago I was looking to buy a small motorcycle, and noticed you posts here and that other forum (ADV...I think). After some thought and investigation (and a sale over at "megamotomadness" July 4th special) - bought the same said Sidcar/1969 clone Z50a for 1100 (free shipping to my door). Wow the damn thing came fully assembeled, seems "solid enough". Got my MSO and Bill of Sale within 9 days (7 working days). Insurance under Gieco was easy - 5 minute deal, registration was a bit more involved - lady at counter was a b-eoch and said having an MSO/BoS for a bike was "highly irregular and she'd never seen it before" -talked to her boss in other room - boss seemed to think it was no big deal. got plate there and then, and title was mailed to me a week later . I'v yet to ride the thing though - been hotter than hell here in OK, and I have to sit outside to do the PDI check (thinking a few hours - waiting for it to cook off - geeze!

I did "build" a skin for the sidecar, add windscreen, mp3-speaker set, rubber horse-mat flooring, flag, seat-surround padding, and YOUR MARINE SEAT SIR - I found a post where you provided a link - nice sat BTW.

all that added 200 bucks more to the total cost of hack.

anyway - just wanted to thank you for telling us how you've liked - and that the bike has held up - the two years you've owned it - your posts have me the courage to make the same said leap. Hopefully I'll have similar luck.

you can see picts of my setup under a thread I started in the "tavern" section of the website - motorbicycling.com (site for folk with bicycles with motors on them (I have a 4-stroke "goped" (the "Flea Hopper"). no tag no reg no insurance and street legal - top speed 21 mph -- 600 miles on her now - cheap Chinese (not even manufacturer's name!) - but very reliable so far. simple oil change/check chain on occation. runs like a champ. kids lov my 70's style Yellow Happyface flag - lol
    Did you ever ride your hack? More photos please.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

3. #263 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Did you ever ride your hack? More photos please.
    Hi Barnone. No sir, I have not. Its stilling sitting there - registered/titled/insured. ;-/. not sure of you saw my post at that "other place" - motorbicycling.com - I took a bad spill on my "Flea Hopper" (49cc single speed chain drive 4 stroke "goped")................hit curb in a turn - patch of gravel out of nowhere on an otherwise clean concete street presented itself while I was in a high lean - of course I panicked, righted myself, bit curb at 20- mph..............and sailed over the top of goped. landed on right shoulder (not wearing helmet (hell flea hopper's top speed is 23 mph - more bicycle than motocycle) just a fedora). walked my self home with a busted up scooter (now fixed - but of course fouled carb from sitting for months ;-/.) then drove myself to emergency room where they comfirmed my boken collar bone. which I knew when I hit the ground.

of course the bone did not fuse (all this was in October 2015)..........waited until Feb2016 fpr bone fuse together - nothing. Doc said "no big deal, live with it. Which I did do until May - I could not slep on my right side without waking up in pain - and had low level pain 2/3 of the time all day. So got another doc and he put a fking plate in there 3 weeks ago. fun fun. feel better already. second doc much better than the first one.

I'll be off both the Flea Hopper and the never gassed/oil/etc "katydid kicker" at least until September. doc said the break was worse than he expected after opening me up and that I was leave my arm in a sling for 7 weeks (4 more from yesterday). then to "take it easy" for another month of so.

;-/.

a simple break ended up sidelining me for months ;-/. sucks being a "cripp" - lol.

I'll provide some picts (you can see a couple of my "flea hopper" on my account page at "motorbicycling". I installed a since big Slipstreamer windscreen early this year, added some "neon-green" saddlebags too (they are XL Dog Fanny Packs from Petco, but some "retroreflective green (glass beeds in the fabric) shop cloves, and a nice "Biltwell Gringo" metallic green retro style helmet. plus a flourasent green-yellow motorcycle jacket.

them being - "ill be small" so I damn well need to be seen - bright colors all over - green green and more green (prob all some reflexive tape to the sidcar too) bought some Z50 and MonekeyBike oval etro stickers to put on sidecar.

So once I get my right arm back - I'll post same more picks of the "kicker". I'll be adding a green "Ecology" (flag that was marginally known and used in the early 70's) flag too (my goped has a yellow Happyface flag (12 x 18)

Hope all is well with you Barnone - you still over at the bicycle place? I don't go there much lately (being disabled - don't have much to say - lol)

4. #264 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    gaffo,
    Damn, that crash really set you back. I'm in the mountains for the summer riding my Chinese monkey bikes and my Ural. That is enough to keep me busy. Maybe gonna do a motorbicycle this winter.
    Me on the Dragon.
    Attached Images
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

5. #265 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thought i would revisit this thread after a long time away. My clone is ten years old this month, and is now up to 11,500kms. Now fitted with a YX140 engine, thats still being run in. I will have had the clone for 3 years in May and havent regretted a single day of ownership.

6. #266 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    C-Moto Senior

7. #267 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Nice install. That 140 cc motor should move her along just fine.
    Attached Images
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

8. #268 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Good to see you back, Trex! Long time no see!!

Barnone, you never leave, but I can tell you are snowbirding since you tend to post a lot lot less during the winter while you are in Florida. Probably too busy riding!!

I always wonder what your hack would be like with a 140cc in it?? Probably too much power for its own good.

9. #269 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    I forgot to ask, Trex--do you know the OEM for your engine? I know that Lifan tend to OEM some of the performance engines, but I am sure there are 'hot-rodded' horizontal engines from the other two big Chinese firms, Loncin and Zongshen. Just curious...

10. #270 Re: Honda CT70 Clones. 
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Good to see you back, Trex! Long time no see!!

Barnone, you never leave, but I can tell you are snowbirding since you tend to post a lot lot less during the winter while you are in Florida. Probably too busy riding!!

I always wonder what your hack would be like with a 140cc in it?? Probably too much power for its own good.
    Actually I ride more in the mountains of Western North Carolina than I do in flat Southwest Fl although I ride several times a day in both places. The 110 cc motor in the sidecar rig is enough to get you in trouble!
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG