Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: French Beijinger. 
    Glad you had a smooth transaction. Post up some pictures when you get your bike home and on the road. I'm looking forward to the write-up as well :)

Though I really want a Japanese branded motorcycle, my budget isn't quite high enough. Apparently the Jialing JH150 is a solid Chinese brand motorcycle that I'm hoping to get with a Jing B plate for under 10,000 rmb.

2. #12 Re: French Beijinger. 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JP-BEIJING View Post
    I just bought a black Suzuki GW250F at datone shop. ... I also bought a complete top case + luggages + rack system, but I have to wait for the plate to get it and mount it on the bike. Very strange....
    The reason for this is that during the plating process, the authorities take an official picture of the bike. The bike must be completely naked (i.e., no add-on, non-original accessories) when this picture is taken. Once plated, owners then add the farkles. In 2 years, when the first inspection is required, you will need to remove all of the goodies to get the bike to its original, naked condition so that it matches the original picture. It is one of the many unusual China-rules.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions of the new "F" version of the GW250.

Quote Originally Posted by galenernest View Post
    Apparently the Jialing JH150 is a solid Chinese brand motorcycle that I'm hoping to get with a Jing B plate for under 10,000 rmb.
    Several MCM guys have these and like them. Filip circumnavigated China (>25,000 km) on his JH150, before I bought it off him, and then a year later I resold it to chef-Jeff. It is still kicking, as far as I know. I think they have a few of the typical Chinese issues, but they are very easy to repair, and every hamlet's Zhoa-the-mechanic can get you going. A couple of years ago, a B-plated JH150 was around 7500 rmb, new, out the door. Prices have likely increased, but perhaps only a little. Every now and then, I see them on 58.com, with almost no mileage, for around 5K rmb.

3. #13 Re: French Beijinger. 
    The reason for this is that during the plating process, the authorities take an official picture of the bike. The bike must be completely naked (i.e., no add-on, non-original accessories) when this picture is taken. Once plated, owners then add the farkles. In 2 years, when the first inspection is required, you will need to remove all of the goodies to get the bike to its original, naked condition so that it matches the original picture. It is one of the many unusual China-rules.

After reading this post I just checked my Blue book and found that my "Official Picture" has been taken with Farkles on i.e. after market top box, it is fair to say the laws are so inconsistent here in China and what happens in one province does not always happen in other provinces .
    Good news for me, no have to take of the top box in 2 years time . I do believe new bikes come with a generic picture sent with the fapiao .

photo(8).jpg
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12