Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Zero SR. Anyone planning to copy, import or assemble? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Some of the principals of electroforce motors have given up but others have continued on with R&D and prototyping under a new name, Evoke Electric Motorcycles.
    www.evokemotorcycles.com
    But it has always been a very different breed of electric motorcycle compared to Zero and Brammo. Those guys make some great performance machines that are inherently powered by electricity, but going to that level of performance also has a price tag that follows.

A lot of the feedback from great communities, such as MCM, have steered us into a "commuter" direction and hopefully finding the sweet spot in terms of pricing. Evoke Motorcycles are not going to be liter-bike equivalents, but they are certainly more fun and peppier than a 150 - 250, that will get you to your destination without gas and with very little downtime for mechanical repairs.

We will certainly keep the community afloat on our upcoming products and prototypes, or you're very welcome to follow our Facebook page where we update things more frequently.
    Facebook Page

Thanks for the continued interest in electric motorcycles and we hope to continue to expand in China and abroad.

2. #12 Re: Zero SR. Anyone planning to copy, import or assemble? 
    Fantastic! Will definitely join the facebook page, and as ZCM888 mentioned--these bikes are becoming more relevant than even 9 months ago. I am no green person for the most part (no, not against it either), but I do think the ultimate statement of sorts would be to recharge an electric motorcycle that is commuted on with solar panels. A lot of the argument against rechargeable vehicles is how much energy is needed to charge them (power plants) so having enough energy from solar panels to recharge an electric motorcycle (heck, or car) would make much of the anti-crowd (perhaps fueled by these people holding vast investments in oil companies?) arguments moot points.

Logistics would factor in, too, but I live in Yuma, AZ which was recently in the Guiness Book of records as being the sunniest city in the US, so sun is not an issue here. I already commute on a 200cc Chinese bike, 33 miles round-trip daily, winter and summer (it does get cold in the winter in the early morning, but is dry year-round), so am already an ongoing experiment of sorts just by the kind of bike I ride (including through the dead of summer where it is HOT), so I think an electric bike would be another type of transportation for commuting in need of experimentation.

3. #13 Re: Zero SR. Anyone planning to copy, import or assemble? 
    Personally I am environmentally aware, but the argument for electric is far more convincing than just the environment.

My father has a Chevy Volt in the UK and I'm amazed with the idea, he plugs it into a solar array in our garden and 30-40 miles is free before the engine comes on. The Zero SR has power and range nearly acceptable to me, but in 3 years at the current rate of development it will be undeniable as a commuter and just a generally good naked bike if the price can get forced down. In fact lighter and more powerful than gas. Sure in China these bikes are essentially coal powered because that's where the power comes from, but that's not the fault of the consumer if they have no choice, and the power consumed is still far less than gasoline.

The future will probably be that most 2005-2014 and onwards bikes are considered unpopular because of increasing efi and emissions throttle snatch and nasty lean running. Many people will have an electric motorcycle as their daily driver an a pre 2000 'classic' carb bike likely will some suspension and brake upgrades for sunny Saturdays. Probably a similar thing will happen with car fans. I'm really keen to have a smooth programmable throttle.

If I lived where you do Culcune, I'd seriously be considering buying solar and and electric bike, if I had the money.

4. #14 Re: Zero SR. Anyone planning to copy, import or assemble? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Motrak DS.jpg

Motrak DS
    Choice of 72v or 96v (most standard e-scooters in PRC are 48v). Choice of electric hub output 1000w-2000w. Choice of battery pack 35Ah or 50Ah etc.

zero-ds.jpg
    Zero DS

Similar to the Zero DS, although not necessarily comparing an apple with an apple, or like with like.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

5. #15 Re: Zero SR. Anyone planning to copy, import or assemble? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Those Motrak bikes are deceivingly small in real life. Pictures make them look good but they only come up to my hip in total height. They're mini-bikes albeit powered by batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Motrak DS.jpg

Motrak DS
    Choice of 72v or 96v (most standard e-scooters in PRC are 48v). Choice of electric hub output 1000w-2000w. Choice of battery pack 35Ah or 50Ah etc.

zero-ds.jpg
    Zero DS

Similar to the Zero DS, although not necessarily comparing an apple with an apple, or like with like.

6. #16 Re: Zero SR. Anyone planning to copy, import or assemble? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Correct the Motrak is not a full sized bike, should have added that but didn't think to. The Motrak and similar aren't a full size by any means, but they aren't exactly mini either. Perhaps your definition of mini and mine might differ. I am thinking back to the days of childhood where I rode the occasional mini motorbike (50cc) at school fairs or on relatives farm. Now those were mini bikes - tiny even to me then as a 8,9,10, 11 year old child.

Like I wrote I'm not necessarily comparing the Motrak with the Zero, since the two are arguably very different in multiple ways.

But ~USD12000-17000 for the Zero which is not available/legal in PRC thus far, versus Motrak DS ~USD1000-1800 which is at least available in PRC, and might be legal - as some areas no longer require electric bikes/scooters to be plated.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #17 Re: Zero SR. Anyone planning to copy, import or assemble? 
    C-Moto Regular
    Are these the size of the Grom ?

8. #18 Re: Zero SR. Anyone planning to copy, import or assemble? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yes, I believe so. They market them as 3/4 bikes, so around 3/4 the size.

Not really a Zero, but we're developing full size electric motorcycles in Beijing.
    IMG_20150613_184629~2.jpg

9. #19 Re: Zero SR. Anyone planning to copy, import or assemble? 
    Quote Originally Posted by natesiy View Post
    Yes, I believe so. They market them as 3/4 bikes, so around 3/4 the size.

Not really a Zero, but we're developing full size electric motorcycles in Beijing.
    IMG_20150613_184629~2.jpg
    I can beta test!

10. #20 Re: Zero SR. Anyone planning to copy, import or assemble? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The bike right? Not the model.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast