Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: New Shineray EEC Ok Dirt and Street 250's 
    Best pictures we've seen of it yet! You have (or know of anyone who has) personal riding experience with it?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #12 Re: New Shineray EEC Ok Dirt and Street 250's 
    One of my friends is saving up for a pure Chinese 250cc road bike, here in China. It's a tough choice looking for a street bike as there isn't that much legal choice around. I saw the naked version of this bike. I have to say it looks well bolted together. But obviously test rides are out of the question unless you are in the factory . The people in the shop swear it can be registered, but I always take that opinion with a pinch of salt until I see it registered with my own eyes.

This looks like the type of machine that Chinese manufacturers should try to put these 400-500cc singles really made for quad bikes, to sell as winter commuters in western countries and as primary road bikes in developing countries.

Gotta say the Regal Raptor DD250G-2 still wins, just because of 2KW or so more power. This 233cc engine is fairly nice, but an oil cooled or air cooled 249cc, why not? Shineray have a water-cooled 249cc engine, but then the extra weight an cost might make a poor choice unless it was only 1000-2000 RMB more.

If anyone finds some reviews, please share!
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

3. #13 Re: New Shineray EEC Ok Dirt and Street 250's 
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Best pictures we've seen of it yet! You have (or know of anyone who has) personal riding experience with it?

CC
    Thank's. I have not any riding experience with this bike yet, since this bike are not available at all monstrac dealer (off course, monstrac's dealer network are not so wide & strong).

The other version of this bike, naked bike version was launched by other brand, Kanzen Roadwin, which rebadged from Daelim Roadwin. The differencies among two Roadwins (daelim's & kanzen's) are only on capacity. Daelim's Roadwin has 125cc & Kanzen's Roadwin has 140cc (1st version) & 150cc(2nd version).All equipped with 4 Valves, single cylinder air-cooled engine.

4. #14 Re: New Shineray EEC Ok Dirt and Street 250's 
    here's any Kanzen Roadwin pictures:

140/150cc version

In the end of 2008 at Jakarta Motorcycle Show 2008, Kanzen shows their prototype of Roadwin 200 naked bike, which equipped with 200cc ,single cylinder, 2 valve engine (yes, only 2 valve). The show units are comes with air cooled & oil cooled version.

Since there's a financial crisis which affect to kanzen's business, they canceled roadwin 200 production.

roadwin 200 pictures:

pictures courtesy of edwin_tutkey:

pictures courtesy of motorplus-online.com

pictures courtesy of stephenlangitan.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12