Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Rough running engine and bike dies Loncin LX250GY 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi

I've got a 2014 Loncin LX250GY with 334km on the odometer, just had it's 300km service 2 days and 20km ago. This morning, the engine was running rough, specifically at low rpm. When I open the throttle I couldn't hear it anymore (but perhaps I couldn't hear it because of the noise).

After driving about 10km and slowing down to very low speed while waiting for a gate to open and turning uphill, the bike just died. The bike also refused to shift to neutral, I had to hold in the clutch to attempt a restart. I have not been able to restart the engine, I can hear it cranking, all the electronics are on and I've switched the fuel tap to reserve and opened the choke.

I pushed the bike with the clutch held in and after a meter or so I was able to shift it into neutral. Still not starting though, with or without choke.

Any ideas? The bike's practically brand new. I would think spark plug or fuel related, but it's got a brand new plug and the reserve switch should take care of a low fuel problem (plus the warning light doesn't come on).

Doesn't make sense that it would be flooded either, I only used the choke after it died, not before that. Carb ice maybe? Weather conditions don't seem appropriate for it, warm outside and low humidity.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. #2 Re: Rough running engine and bike dies Loncin LX250GY 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by cptplt View Post
    Hi

I've got a 2014 Loncin LX250GY with 334km on the odometer, just had it's 300km service 2 days and 20km ago. This morning, the engine was running rough, specifically at low rpm. When I open the throttle I couldn't hear it anymore (but perhaps I couldn't hear it because of the noise).

After driving about 10km and slowing down to very low speed while waiting for a gate to open and turning uphill, the bike just died. The bike also refused to shift to neutral, I had to hold in the clutch to attempt a restart. I have not been able to restart the engine, I can hear it cranking, all the electronics are on and I've switched the fuel tap to reserve and opened the choke.

I pushed the bike with the clutch held in and after a meter or so I was able to shift it into neutral. Still not starting though, with or without choke.

Any ideas? The bike's practically brand new. I would think spark plug or fuel related, but it's got a brand new plug and the reserve switch should take care of a low fuel problem (plus the warning light doesn't come on).

Doesn't make sense that it would be flooded either, I only used the choke after it died, not before that. Carb ice maybe? Weather conditions don't seem appropriate for it, warm outside and low humidity.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    If anyone wants to know, I fixed it by closing the fuel, ensuring choke closed, opening throttle and starting. Died again, but then I did the same thing and revved it a bit for about a minute, problem gone. It's started without any hassle 8 times since.