Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello there, Canadian rider new to the forums 
    Hi all, some of you may remember me from such threads as "Just had my gas scooter impounded" and other online shenanigans on the website called reddit.

I am a Canadian living in Shanghai for the past 1.5 years. Im married to a local gal who puts up with my shit and have a beautiful baby girl a few months old. I am working here in the events, music and marketing industries with a small creative firm and always keeping an eye open for that dream job.

I used to ride sportbikes back in Canada, owned a few CBRs, and a 1989 F1 hurricane was my first bike. I participated in a Kawasaki high performance racing school back at our local track, and used to help run a local bike forum similar to this website called speedjunkie. We did group rides, charity events, car shows and benefit parties to help fallen riders.

I also worked with the Atlantic Roadracing league back home as an announcer for the local league races.

Im working on a few opportunities to get involved in the motorsport industry again and would love to get back on a real bike sometime. Looks like im in China for the long haul so I am working on the whole licensing thing.

Anyway, im still grieving the loss of my new to me lil scooter, so ill be accepting flowers and cash donations for the next few weeks. Thanks for your understanding.

Logan.

2. #2 Re: Hello there, Canadian rider new to the forums 
    Logan sorry on the loss of your scooter. I hope you have a long enough visa to go through the torture of transferring your Canadian license into Chinese one. There is lots of info under "Ride prep and making tracks". Feel free to ask any relevant questions in the specific forums. Best Wishes, Lewis.

3. #3 Re: Hello there, Canadian rider new to the forums 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loganhudak View Post
    ... ill be accepting flowers and cash donations for the next few weeks.

Welcome from a fellow Canuck. Sorry about your scoot - yet another China experience.

I've tangentially heard the racing scene is growing quickly in China, although people seem to say that Zhuhai is the place its at.

4. #4 Re: Hello there, Canadian rider new to the forums 
    Hi Logan. I'm interested in the racing and track day scene in China as well, but for me getting back on the track will be a few years down the road. For now I'm gonna have to be happy on what we would call a "little" bike.

Congrats on the new little one. My wife and I also just had our first kid a few months ago: Max.