Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: New member, Beijing! 
    C-Moto Regular
    @ galenernest
    Hello, i sent you a PM did you manage to see it?
    I'm not sure it went through

2. #32 Re: New member, Beijing! 
    Quote Originally Posted by 1288711 View Post
    @ galenernest
    Hello, i sent you a PM did you manage to see it?
    I'm not sure it went through
    Sorry, the last few days have been crazy. I just replied to your pm.

3. #33 Re: New member, Beijing! 
    Just an update: I put a deposit down on a jialing JH-150 GY-3. The shop was recommended in another thread, I'll post the details here when I get a chance to find the address.. it's not far from ShangDi, and not far from where I live. The guy wasn't budging much on the price of the bike, which settled at 7300 kuai, and jing B plate, insurance, tax and everything was another 1300 kuai, for a total of 8600 out the door. He really wasn't willing to move down on the price of the bike, but he was willing to throw in a pair of gloves, a helmet, and a rear luggage compartment for free. It's all written on the invoice, too.

I'll post an update with pictures when I pick up the bike (sometime next week).

By the way, the bike isn't blue (it seems like all the JH-150's around here are blue, so I chose a different color!)

4. #34 Re: New member, Beijing! 
    Just out of curiosity ... the Jing B plate, can it be registered in your name using your current home registration.
    LMMC/LAMF

5. #35 Re: New member, Beijing! 
    Quote Originally Posted by hclayjones View Post
    Just out of curiosity ... the Jing B plate, can it be registered in your name using your current home registration.
    I doubt it. I live in Haidian, which I've heard is a restricted district... anyway, the shop didn't take any personal information from me except my phone number and Chinese name. I think it's pretty standard practice to register the bike with a company outside Haidian... I'll get the details when I pick up the bike.

6. #36 Re: New member, Beijing! 
    C-Moto Regular
    well done galenernest on the purchase!
    it sounds like an amazingly good deal, looking forward to seeing the pictures
    and looking forward to having some sory of ride report/ reliabilty report or something
    hope everything goes well, and hope to see you on the roads soon

7. #37 Re: New member, Beijing! 
    Quote Originally Posted by 1288711 View Post
    well done galenernest on the purchase!
    it sounds like an amazingly good deal, looking forward to seeing the pictures
    and looking forward to having some sory of ride report/ reliabilty report or something
    hope everything goes well, and hope to see you on the roads soon
    I'll definitely post up some pictures and videos once I get it home... I decided on this model after reading about a few other guys's experiences here: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-3-impressions

It seemed like a great, cheap entry into riding in China. Maybe after a few years I'll upgrade to a Japanese bike.

Today I ordered a Beon helmet (about 250 yuan) and Alpinestars gloves (128 yuan, retail is $189 USD, so I'm curious if they're real or not) from Taobao, and also a helmet cam (368 yuan, seems to be a Chinese GOPRO copy).

I'll post reviews about the gear and the camera, too. I might buy some boots, but I have some hiking boots I'll wear for now. And I'm waiting for my mom to mail my Aerostich riding suit from the States. So, I'll just ride in a coat and jeans until that comes. I think I'll make a new thread for the bike and pictures...

By the way, I'm thinking about doing some long(ish) ride in February when my wife and kid go to ShanDong province... I don't wanna camp outside, but maybe a two or three day ride, stay in hostels or hotels... if anyone is interested in thinking about it, too. Not even sure where I'll go or even what direction... that'll be a new thread, too. I'm so eager to get the hell out of Beijing for a few days!

8. #38 Re: New member, Beijing! 
    Ever since the founder of this site, 'Crazy Carl' Parker had one when he lived and worked in China, I have heard good things about them. If you watch his video he produced (and sells to help support this site) about a long ride he took in China (maybe a couple long rides) this is his bike. He later made friends with the Qingqi factory people and rode around on one of their 250 dual sports (maybe the 'Liger' model) before he moved back to the US, but I definitely remember the Jialing from his days in China.

9. #39 Re: New member, Beijing! 
    The shop just called me... my bike is ready! Six days (including a weekend) to get it ready. I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

10. #40 Re: New member, Beijing! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Jackson Hole by GuYaJu, Yanqing county, Beijing. And sometimes west coast of Canada.
    Thanks Galen for your instructions on how to get to the licensing office. I live way out in Yanqing county so not really familiar with the city but your instructions were clear. I found the office and picked up the license translating form. I still have to get a police record of residence then I'll go back next week to register.

By the way, how do you like your JH 150 after the first year?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast