Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Give this restaurant a miss ! 
    Lack of basic training of staff

hope the lady recovers and sues the hell out of the owners

viewers discretion is advised disturbing images

"Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #2 Re: Give this restaurant a miss ! 
    C-Moto Regular cryptographicide's Avatar
    Help me out understanding what went on there. The waitress was pouring a liquid at the table. It was maybe alcoholic (?) and highly flammable. I assume there was a grill on the table. But the grill appears to be electric. (?) Why did she need the flammable liquid. Was it like a fondue dish with a bowl of alcohol on the bottom? So she spills the liquid into the open flame? Then it all catches.

Is someone familiar with this type of restaurant?

3. #3 Re: Give this restaurant a miss ! 
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptographicide View Post
    Help me out understanding what went on there. The waitress was pouring a liquid at the table. It was maybe alcoholic (?) and highly flammable. I assume there was a grill on the table. But the grill appears to be electric. (?) Why did she need the flammable liquid. Was it like a fondue dish with a bowl of alcohol on the bottom? So she spills the liquid into the open flame? Then it all catches.

Is someone familiar with this type of restaurant?
    Does this help ...

Living in Yiwu Heyetang, Young Qian is 20 years old this year, and was to start her second year in college with the start of the new school year. Young Qian met her school friend Young Qing from Yiwu Suxi, the two of them preparing to return to Wenzhou together for school.

Yesterday noon, Young Qian and Young Qing met in Suxi where the two of them decided to go eat barbeque before taking the bus to go back to school.

The two decided on a self-service barbeque restaurant in Suxi. After the two of them got the food they liked and returned to their table, Young Qing felt the fire for the barbeque wasn’t strong enough, and so called the waitress to make it bigger.

Young Qing watched the waitress bring over a bottle of liquid alcohol, and then pour it into the barbeque grill that still had a flicker of flame left. Young Qing says he thought it was odd but did not manage to stop her in time, with the flame instantly leaping up.

At this moment, the bottle of alcohol in the waitress’s hands also caught on fire. Because of panicking, she immediately throw the bottle, and that happened to [spill alcohol] on Young Qian.

Young Qian was immediately engulfed in flames. When another customer saw someone on fire, he immediately took off his clothes and came to extinguish the fire. Although the fire very quickly went out, Young Qian’s entire body had already been scorched black.

Young Qing was a little better. After catching on fire, he immediately took off his clothes but because the fire was too strong, his face and neck still had burns.

Waitress Young Shan’s right hand was also lightly burnt.

The three were immediately taken to Yiwu Fuyuan Hospital. Young Qing’s head and neck suffered second-degree burns but was not in any life-threatening danger. After being bandaged, Young Qing was transferred to an ordinary ward. Because her injures were severe, Young Qian was immediately transferred to the better equipped Yiwu Central Hospital. Yesterday afternoon, she was again transferred to a hospital in Hangzhou.

18-year-old Young Shan is from Guizhou and had come to Yiwu to work just last year. What more, she has only been working at this barbecue restaurant for a month. Young Shan says: “In the past, the boss had me follow an older employee to learn, but today that employee had the day off, so it was my first time serving customers on my own. I never thought this kind of thing would happen.”

With regards to her mistake, Young Shan is extremely worried, constantly asking doctors if she will be going to jail. At present, Yiwu police have already gotten involved.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #4 Re: Give this restaurant a miss ! 
    C-Moto Regular cryptographicide's Avatar
    Yes, very official response. Thanks.

5. #5 Re: Give this restaurant a miss ! 
    I avoid those kind of rstaurants anyhow, the reprocessed rat/mink/fox meat (proven) squished into blocks and the frozen and carved into thiin strips makes me feel utterly sick and unsatisified afterward. With the same meat on sticks at outdoor barbeque restaurants it's almost made be turn vegetarian.