Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Jetmax 250 in Australia 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hi, first post and have been reading for a while.
    Bought this several days ago only a few months old and 3000klm on the clock
    bd5713342611775572542.jpgbd5430146805399265855.jpgbd5169292310111432790.jpg
    Pretty happy with it thus far being so much more bike than the Nouvo's and Click's and PCX that I am used to riding when overseas and at 30% off of new price and at around half the price of a 10 year old Yamaha or Honda and same price as a 5 year old Sym with a few issues it seemed like great buying.

Obviously being a new model it has the top box, the red plastic comes off and there is space for two rows of LED's connected to the brake lights somehow.
    The shocks have been adjusted up
    The chinese rubber was replaced prior to purchase
    It does have yellowish headlights, but at this stage I wont be riding at night anyway.

The seat is short for a 6ft 2 guy so I removed the backrest and will look at getting it reshaped with some extra padding. (The SYM seat was perfect)

I do need a spare key and as yet have not been able to source a blank online so if someone can help there it would be great

Wish me luck with the bike.

2. #2 Re: Jetmax 250 in Australia 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    G'Day welcome aboard the MCM craZies bus...
    Pics look good...

You'll find a fair amount of info and discussion on the Jetmax over in the scooter section.
    Hope you enjoy your ride.
    Need any parts shipped, which you cannot source from the OZ CFMoto distributor etc... from PRC then I'm your man. Helped loads of riders already with locating and shipping parts to countries such as, USA, Egypt, Russia, Portugal and OZ++ to name a few...

I and possibly a few others might be interested in the reshaped seat when you get it done. Another MCM member did something similar to you, removed the back rest, had the underpan of the seat cut where the hump is (reducing/sacrificing underseat stowage) then reupholstered the seat. Hard to find good seat shapers here.

Best of luck with the scoot.

Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #3 Re: Jetmax 250 in Australia 
    C-Moto Regular
    Thanks for that - I will get onto the Oz(Qld) dealer tomorrow about a key.
    I have had a look but has anyone done rear shocks yet?
    Not sure if they are any good or not, I find the ride pretty firm, the mechanic from where I bought the bike from said they are made to a price and lack dampening ability and an upgrade would benefit the ride.
    I never asked then what the suggestion would be.

4. #4 Re: Jetmax 250 in Australia 
    The scoot is a scoot, low to the ground with a lot less fork travel compared with regular MC's. As to the shocks, the dealer is correct, of course the scoot as all CFMoto products are built to a budget so the shocks aren't all that, after all it is about the only competitive advantage etc, since they can hardly compete on any other point.
    As for a spare key, why don't you simply head into a key cutter or locksmith and ask for a spare key. Bound to be a key blank that has the same profile.
    May not have the plastic head on the key, but what the hell.
    - Pablo Picasso

5. #5 Re: Jetmax 250 in Australia 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    The scoot is a scoot, low to the ground with a lot less fork travel compared with regular MC's. As to the shocks, the dealer is correct, of course the scoot as all CFMoto products are built to a budget so the shocks aren't all that, after all it is about the only competitive advantage etc, since they can hardly compete on any other point.
    Totally understand and have no issue with any of it but if I do find it a bit jarring I was wondering how much difference better shocks would make or if I am better off throwing money at the seat.
    As I think the seat mod is a given I should see how it goes first.
    As for a spare key, why don't you simply head into a key cutter or locksmith and ask for a spare key. Bound to be a key blank that has the same profile.
    May not have the plastic head on the key, but what the hell.
    Good point, I was thinking some other bike blank would have to be the same and I dont use the hex head thing anyway.

6. #6 Re: Jetmax 250 in Australia 
    On my Jetmax thread you should discover that amongst all the mods I have done, putting on standard radial tyres (Bridgestones) helps raise the scoots ground clearance several cm's or more. Doesn't read like much but it does make a difference. Not huge difference but enough. At the end of the day the harshness is a combination of short shocks due to design, and smaller wheel circumference. The Honda Integra NC700/750D would provide a very different ride feel, with its 17" wheels compared to scoots with the 15" and 14" combination.

My Burgman 650's (own 3) provide a better ride than the Jetmax, but then the Burgman is a different design altogether.

Yep, you should be able to get yourself a key easy enough me thinks.

Interested to read that the '14 Jetmax does away with that main fuse hidden in the front cubby. I suspect it might have been relocated elsewhere. That fuse which is an old glass cylindrical type, is very useful for using as a de-facto charging point. I have a trickle charger on it most of the time.

I do know that there have been a few other mods concerning the brake design on the newer Jetmax models compared to the likes of mine, not sure on other mods though. The export model Jetmax's are fitted with adjustable pre-load shocks compared to the non-adjustable type for the domestic market model.
    - Pablo Picasso