Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Newbie needs some help 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi all, great site wondering if you can help me out. I bought a used atv for my daughter. It is a Pathfinder 50 hr, made by yonghe motorcycles, it has a zongshen engine 48 cc 4 stroke, which I know nothing about. The guy I got it from had no idea either. He said it was a two speed trans, semi auto.. The engine # is ZSABL0209, I think. Where do you think I can find info on valve set specs, plug gap etc. I would like to go over the engine and tune it up a bit for her but I cannot find any info whatsoever. The manu tag is very worn but I think it was made in 2000. Thanks guys and take care.

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    I suspect it's a Honda C50/70/90 clone engine, that is a horizontal single four stroke OHC.
    The gearbox has a semi-automatic clutch and 3 speeds at least.
    The spark plug will be an NGK C7HS or CR7HS with a gap of 0.6 to 0.7 mm.
    The valve clearance 0.06 to 0.08 mm cold for both inlet and exhaust valves.

a photo of the engine would help identification, but if it is the Honda cub C50 type there are lots of service manuals and articles all over the net, this is a service guide for example:

http://www.carlsalter.com/Honda-C50-...intanance.html

Notice that there's a slight error in the text. The clutch adjusting procedure should read:

1. Slacken the locknut.
    2. Turn the adjusting screw clockwise one turn.
    3. Turn the adjusting screw anticlockwise until a resistance is felt.
    4. Turn the adjusting screw about 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn clockwise and tighten the locknut without allowing the adjusting screw to turn.
    5. Ride the bike and make sure it changes gear cleanly and that the clutch does not slip when going up hill.

Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Noob
    Hi and thank you so much for the info. I will get a pic and post it. I am hoping it is similar to the Honda. Thanks again.