Hi everyone,

I just joined the forum. I'm from Jersey. Just bought a TMEC Enduro 200 for commuting. In my brief experience with it: The seller from California did not fill in his part on the Certificate of Origin so it took me a lot longer to register and title my bike. The front tire came installed backwards. The triple tree and fork brace bolts were loose along with every other bolt on the bike. First ride my high beam indicator bulb burned out, I lost an exhaust heat shield bolt, and the engine kept shutting off. I adjusted the air/idle screw on the side of the carb inward and the engine idles fine now. The tail light keeps blowing out probably from excessive vibration. The speedo stopped working. On my way home one day, the rear brakes locked up (left a reddish tint on my rear rotor), luckily for me a curios driver pulled over to ask me about the bike and he let me use pliers to tighten the rear brake cylinder plunger nut. Then the EGR crossover hose blew while at highway speeds (scared the crap out of me). Finally, my clutch cable stretched so bad within one trip that the clutch would not release. Oh and while troubleshooting my tail light problem, I found the throttle cable tube (up by the grip) hanging loose. I also had to order a longer headlamp adjusting screw because the factory one is too short and the beam points straight to the ground. Otherwise, my bike has not let me down....lol. I have 370 miles on it. Changed the oil at 200 miles. The best part of the bike is the engine. It feels solid and has a nice hum to it at speed. I intend to use the bike12 months a year. It's awesome in the curves. Brakes are very good. Suspension is solid. Most of my problems with this bike were the result of loose components. The only thing that keeps pissing me off is that my tail light bulb filament keeps braking. I'll have to figure out a way to minimize vibration to the rear.

FYI, I used to own and ride a 2006 Yamaha R6 since new. My TMEC is soooooo underpowered and boring on acceleration but I bought it for the purpose of saving money. I project to save $2000 annually (at current fuel prices) in gasoline and insurance (only $87 per year for my bike). The fun I have with this bike is in the twisties. It's very flickable (too flickable?) and it saves me money (calculated 76 mpg). These 2 things make me happy.

Cheers!

Oh yeah, the bike cost me $1600 shipped from CA. Purchased on supersportz.com. Yes, it is legal in New Jersey. I made sure it was before buying it.

I'm 5'8", 140 lbs. In a favorable wind I can slightly exceed 75 mph but the engine is screaming at this speed. I stay between 55-65. I would NOT recommend this bike for interstate, Parkway, or Turnpike use. I ride provincial highways (speed limit 55 mph) and I have to stay in the right lane because traffic flows at 65+ mph.

I think I said enough for now....questions?

I forgot...there are weld splatters all over the bike and the welds look ugly. The plastics are decent quality. The flat black paint is okay (the guy at the gas station this morning told me that it looked as if I hand painted the plastics). There are no instructions for assembling the bike so organizing fasteners was very annoying. And the left side plastic mount hole did not line up with the frame bracket. Also, don't over tighten the small seat bolts (I stripped the threads on the right side).