Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 My new TMEC Enduro 200 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi everyone,

I just joined the forum. I'm from Jersey. Just bought a TMEC Enduro 200 for commuting. In my brief experience with it: The seller from California did not fill in his part on the Certificate of Origin so it took me a lot longer to register and title my bike. The front tire came installed backwards. The triple tree and fork brace bolts were loose along with every other bolt on the bike. First ride my high beam indicator bulb burned out, I lost an exhaust heat shield bolt, and the engine kept shutting off. I adjusted the air/idle screw on the side of the carb inward and the engine idles fine now. The tail light keeps blowing out probably from excessive vibration. The speedo stopped working. On my way home one day, the rear brakes locked up (left a reddish tint on my rear rotor), luckily for me a curios driver pulled over to ask me about the bike and he let me use pliers to tighten the rear brake cylinder plunger nut. Then the EGR crossover hose blew while at highway speeds (scared the crap out of me). Finally, my clutch cable stretched so bad within one trip that the clutch would not release. Oh and while troubleshooting my tail light problem, I found the throttle cable tube (up by the grip) hanging loose. I also had to order a longer headlamp adjusting screw because the factory one is too short and the beam points straight to the ground. Otherwise, my bike has not let me down....lol. I have 370 miles on it. Changed the oil at 200 miles. The best part of the bike is the engine. It feels solid and has a nice hum to it at speed. I intend to use the bike12 months a year. It's awesome in the curves. Brakes are very good. Suspension is solid. Most of my problems with this bike were the result of loose components. The only thing that keeps pissing me off is that my tail light bulb filament keeps braking. I'll have to figure out a way to minimize vibration to the rear.

FYI, I used to own and ride a 2006 Yamaha R6 since new. My TMEC is soooooo underpowered and boring on acceleration but I bought it for the purpose of saving money. I project to save $2000 annually (at current fuel prices) in gasoline and insurance (only $87 per year for my bike). The fun I have with this bike is in the twisties. It's very flickable (too flickable?) and it saves me money (calculated 76 mpg). These 2 things make me happy.

Cheers!

Oh yeah, the bike cost me $1600 shipped from CA. Purchased on supersportz.com. Yes, it is legal in New Jersey. I made sure it was before buying it.

I'm 5'8", 140 lbs. In a favorable wind I can slightly exceed 75 mph but the engine is screaming at this speed. I stay between 55-65. I would NOT recommend this bike for interstate, Parkway, or Turnpike use. I ride provincial highways (speed limit 55 mph) and I have to stay in the right lane because traffic flows at 65+ mph.

I think I said enough for now....questions?

I forgot...there are weld splatters all over the bike and the welds look ugly. The plastics are decent quality. The flat black paint is okay (the guy at the gas station this morning told me that it looked as if I hand painted the plastics). There are no instructions for assembling the bike so organizing fasteners was very annoying. And the left side plastic mount hole did not line up with the frame bracket. Also, don't over tighten the small seat bolts (I stripped the threads on the right side).

2. #2 Re: My new TMEC Enduro 200 
    Quote Originally Posted by silkcitytech View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just joined the forum. I'm from Jersey. Just bought a TMEC Enduro 200 for commuting. In my brief experience with it: The seller from California did not fill in his part on the Certificate of Origin so it took me a lot longer to register and title my bike. The front tire came installed backwards. The triple tree and fork brace bolts were loose along with every other bolt on the bike. First ride my high beam indicator bulb burned out, I lost an exhaust heat shield bolt, and the engine kept shutting off. I adjusted the air/idle screw on the side of the carb inward and the engine idles fine now. The tail light keeps blowing out probably from excessive vibration. The speedo stopped working. On my way home one day, the rear brakes locked up (left a reddish tint on my rear rotor), luckily for me a curios driver pulled over to ask me about the bike and he let me use pliers to tighten the rear brake cylinder plunger nut. Then the EGR crossover hose blew while at highway speeds (scared the crap out of me). Finally, my clutch cable stretched so bad within one trip that the clutch would not release. Oh and while troubleshooting my tail light problem, I found the throttle cable tube (up by the grip) hanging loose. I also had to order a longer headlamp adjusting screw because the factory one is too short and the beam points straight to the ground. Otherwise, my bike has not let me down....lol. I have 370 miles on it. Changed the oil at 200 miles. The best part of the bike is the engine. It feels solid and has a nice hum to it at speed. I intend to use the bike12 months a year. It's awesome in the curves. Brakes are very good. Suspension is solid. Most of my problems with this bike were the result of loose components. The only thing that keeps pissing me off is that my tail light bulb filament keeps braking. I'll have to figure out a way to minimize vibration to the rear.

FYI, I used to own and ride a 2006 Yamaha R6 since new. My TMEC is soooooo underpowered and boring on acceleration but I bought it for the purpose of saving money. I project to save $2000 annually (at current fuel prices) in gasoline and insurance (only $87 per year for my bike). The fun I have with this bike is in the twisties. It's very flickable (too flickable?) and it saves me money (calculated 76 mpg). These 2 things make me happy.

Cheers!

Oh yeah, the bike cost me $1600 shipped from CA. Purchased on supersportz.com. Yes, it is legal in New Jersey. I made sure it was before buying it.

I'm 5'8", 140 lbs. In a favorable wind I can slightly exceed 75 mph but the engine is screaming at this speed. I stay between 55-65. I would NOT recommend this bike for interstate, Parkway, or Turnpike use. I ride provincial highways (speed limit 55 mph) and I have to stay in the right lane because traffic flows at 65+ mph.

I think I said enough for now....questions?

I forgot...there are weld splatters all over the bike and the welds look ugly. The plastics are decent quality. The flat black paint is okay (the guy at the gas station this morning told me that it looked as if I hand painted the plastics). There are no instructions for assembling the bike so organizing fasteners was very annoying. And the left side plastic mount hole did not line up with the frame bracket. Also, don't over tighten the small seat bolts (I stripped the threads on the right side).

Hi and welcome

So the TMEC Enduro 200 is a good bike then ?????

Just the normal shit that comes with Chinese made bikes we hear reports all the time like this
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: My new TMEC Enduro 200 
    C-Moto Noob
    So far so relatively good. The tail light issue is really pissing me off though. I went and bought a tail light to wear on my back pack until I resolve the issue. I think that a little more quality control on the assembly line would make this bike great. I haven't seen a lesser priced bike. However, I would have gladly paid a little more for better finished product.

4. #4 Re: My new TMEC Enduro 200 
    I wish you could have joined us on Chinariders.net before you bought the bike!? Several guys have the bike, including me. We bought ours direct from Excalibur Motorsports www.atv4usa.com (I think one guy bought his from a drop-shipper, however). Excalibur sent two guys their bikes PDI'd and fully assembled. Anyway--I love the bike in spite of its quarks, and yes, the engine is stout. It is a proprietary engine to TMEC (at last in the US) manufactured by Zongshen, so nothing to worry about. I commuted 33 miles a day roundtrip on my '09 TMEC (bought it used with unknown mileage/issues) putting over 10k miles in 18 months. I go to know Excalibur well for parts and knowledge. They sold me my '13 model for dealer cost since I am kind of their defacto Guinea pig for the bike as a commuter in extreme heat (some days over 115 F). I have about 2800 miles since late May. Once the weather improves this way, I will be riding to Ensenada, Mexico and San Felipe, Mexico--I might even join the Baja tour with Califonia Scooter Company once they start importing the Zongshen RX 3 and take their inaugural ride on a group of the first RX3's in the US. Anyway--join us on chinariders.net, too!!

5. #5 Re: My new TMEC Enduro 200 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi culcune,

Although I bought my bike from supersportz.com the invoice had e scooter and excalibur motorsports on it, so ultimately I think we got our bikes from the same source. I think I might be pushing my bike a little to hard because when I put my hand on the tail light I can feel it vibrating like a very powerful back massage machine or giant telephone on vibrate. I will be shopping for a nice riding back pack with integrated lights so I'll have no worries about not being seen in the dark. I also purchased a license plate frame with all required rear lights. That should fix all my tail light problems. I'll check out chinariders.net. Soon I'll be working a lot closer to home so I won't have to worry about pushing the bike too hard. I really like the bike and my confidence in it keeps growing everyday. I only kick start the bike and it starts up fine every time except on hot starts. That's when I have to use the starter.

Just hit 500 miles today. If I can make it to 10k trouble free, I will be a TMEC believer.

6. #6 Re: My new TMEC Enduro 200 
    Quote Originally Posted by silkcitytech View Post

Just hit 500 miles today. If I can make it to 10k trouble free, I will be a TMEC believer.
    I can't guarantee 'trouble free' but Excalibur was always there for me for parts for my old bike. The only interesting thing I found for my new bike was the CDI went out, whereas my old one never gave me any problems. In fact, I used my old bike's CDI until I got my warranty CDI (and purchased one for backup for good measure). For the price you paid, Wade Liu (the owner of Excalibur) for not a lot more $ than Supersportz would have assembled, PDI'd, and test ridden your bike and sent it out to you ready to ride.

7. #7 Re: My new TMEC Enduro 200 
    C-Moto Noob
    It's good to be informed. Would've been nice to open my grade and just ride the bike. This weekend I will confirm if the vibration on my bike is causing my tail/brake light to fail.

8. #8 Re: My new TMEC Enduro 200 
    This is a good site to keep handy www.atv4usa.com

Buried in the parts catalog section is this TMEC parts catalog-very good to keep handy
    http://www.atv4usa.com/catalogs/TMEC200-1.pdf

The catalog lists everything as TMEC125-1 but everything but the engine size is exactly the same. This catalog is good for easy ordering of parts. I call them up, tell them the page the thing is on, and the number associated with the part. They have plenty of TMEC parts.

9. #9 Re: My new TMEC Enduro 200 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    This is a good site to keep handy www.atv4usa.com

Buried in the parts catalog section is this TMEC parts catalog-very good to keep handy
    http://www.atv4usa.com/catalogs/TMEC200-1.pdf

The catalog lists everything as TMEC125-1 but everything but the engine size is exactly the same. This catalog is good for easy ordering of parts. I call them up, tell them the page the thing is on, and the number associated with the part. They have plenty of TMEC parts.

Thanks culcune. I added the license plate frame with integrated lights and rubber isolators. I think my tail light problems are gone now.

C-Moto Guru
    With the tail Light there two posible causes.
    1) there is from time to time a high amount of current, then the "wire " in the bulb is Black/Grey from burn(ed). In this case it help to Mount a 12v zener diode in line with the bulb (not parallel). Or for test buy a good bulb in my bike the Best was Philips
    2) the second cause are Vibrations, Look if your bulb inner wire is horizontal, when not make it horizontal. It helps but not solve the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast