Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Shineray XY250GY-2 MX bike 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I have recently got Shinerays new MX bike, i find its a bit sort on power and are looking for some power upgrades, Does anyone one know of an aftermarket exhaust that will fit the machine and provide more power, also any ideas on mods for the Airbox. It has a Mikuni PZ30 Carb where can i get a jetting kit for it or what type of jets should i buy that would fit this carb.

Any advice would be great.

You could run a clip-on air filter and remove the whole air box, run the exhaust straight through. But my experience with doing this with small singles is you usually just rob the bike of some torque and give it a few more hp, and it would be better not to have done it in many cases, except for the exhaust note.

Try making the mixture richer on the carb, as bikes from the factory come lean these days, see if that helps.

3. #3 air box 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    the airbox is very important , dont remove it , there maybe a lid that can be removed for more air flow , or holes drilled in the lid , but enginers spend alot of time designing the air box , its best left alone . putting in a bigger mainjet may get you more power , but also ruin fuel economy