Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hello from Holand 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi there,
    I am a dutch man living in Holland who considers to go on a motorbike holiday for like 7 weeks in China. I have not yet decided to go and if which route I would take, but have several in mind. I still have a lot ro read, but my first goal is to find out how I can drive legaly and how much I would have to spend on a bike because I want to buy a second hand in China. Did several motorbike trips in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia on a win100. A bit more comfort would be nice, but they can be great rides.
    Here I drive a ducati st2. If you need tips about trips in Europe then I would love to help out.

2. #2 Re: Hello from Holand 
    Welcome to here. There are many, many Chinese-based members here who can guide you bikes, routes, and most anything else dealing with China.

I like this recent thread about riding to Mt. Everest. Besides the rider who is writing the thread and his friend, who hired a guide, they meet up with a tour company run by an Austrian ex-pat who also runs tours to Mt. Everest. Read it and see the contact info to the tour company...might be perfect for few weeks' ride...

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-Mount-Everest

or this ride which seems to have more adventure on a different route...

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...m-with-no-plan

Have fun, but be safe! China seems like it can be unforgiving!!

3. #3 Re: Hello from Holand 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks, also for the threads. China is so large and there are so many beautyful places to visit. I find it hard to pick a place to start exploring. Still overwelmed, haha.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DLS View Post
    Hi there,
    I am a dutch man living in Holland who considers to go on a motorbike holiday for like 7 weeks in China. I have not yet decided to go and if which route I would take, but have several in mind. I still have a lot ro read, but my first goal is to find out how I can drive legaly and how much I would have to spend on a bike because I want to buy a second hand in China. Did several motorbike trips in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia on a win100. A bit more comfort would be nice, but they can be great rides.
    Here I drive a ducati st2. If you need tips about trips in Europe then I would love to help out.
    Hoi man
    Waar wil je rijen in China? Tis en gek land en erg op de gekke letten
    Groetjes

5. #5 Re: Hello from Holand 
    C-Moto Noob
    Ik ben er nog niet uit, kan niet kiezen haha.
    Maar heb nu verschillende routes die in overweging zijn:
    Van Shanghai naar HongKong
    Of
    Van Chegdu via Kunming naar Hongkong
    En vanuit Hanoi naar Kunming naar Hongkong. Toen ik in Noord Vietnam vertoefde was het weer erg slecht, dus dat moet nog een keer over met fatsoenljker weer.

Maar ben nog steeds ander mooie plekken aan het ontdekken dus er kan zo maar nog meer bijkomen.
    Zou ook graag een keer via Tibet naar Nepal rijden of andersom, maar alles op zijn tijd.

Banned
    Boarder crossing are difficult
    Getting your license nearly impossible and as for owning a bike all legal .......
    It might take several months of bullshit to try and get on a legal bike let alone ride legally in Tibet and that's a must - hard to cross boarded and HK I don't think you can

7. #7 Re: Hello from Holand 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for your perspective.
    Yes, I understand it wont be easy or even impossible to have it my way. Nepal - China crossing is done a lot, so cant be that hard. Being able to drive legaly is my first priority. The rules to be able to will decide my chances I suppose.

I intent to buy a bike in China and sell it in China too. Does that make it easier to go to HK?

Banned
    Can't legally go thru shenzhen that I know of
    So I doubt it

9. #9 Re: Hello from Holand 
    There must be tours DLS could look into as a tourist? I think alot of his headaches will be eliminated as far as getting a bike is concerned. For instance, the first link I posted above to one of our own Mychinamoto members and his friend riding to Mt. Everest on their own bikes with a private guide, they cross paths of a tour run by a European ex-pat who has a few Europeans riding to Mt. Everest, as well. DLS, does Mt. Everest sound like a tour you would be interested in?

10. #10 Re: Hello from Holand 
    C-Moto Noob
    Yes Culcune, I read the thread and have Mt. Everest on my wish list.
    I read on the net there are several tours that include a bike going from Nepal to Tibet and back. At this point I am only discovering options. Prefer to organise my holidays myself instead of an orgaisation doing it for me.
    Don't think my first trip to China will be to Tibet. Too many other beautyful placecs to discover.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast