Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 CB300 is being offered in the US in 2015 

2. #2 Re: CB300 is being offered in the US in 2015 
    $3,999.00

3. #3 Re: CB300 is being offered in the US in 2015 

4. #4 Re: CB300 is being offered in the US in 2015 
    This is a more desirable bike to me than the full-fairing psuedo sportsbike Honda had with the 250 and now the 300. I think when stunting became popular a few years back, many people were drawn to the all-out sportsbikes once again, and Honda figured they would release a beginner's 250cc sportsbike for those smart enough to realize that if they have never been on a bike, jumping on a 600 is stupid, so the Honda was a good learning tool for them.

However, with new riders comes dropped bikes, and fairings are expensive. I had read a review on this bike elsewhere, and from what I understand, the riding position on this bike is the same as the fully faired 300. Since 'naked' sportsbikes are in vogue, one does not have to look like a boy-racer if one chose to enter the field lusting after the big engine naked sportsbikes if one started out on this machine.

5. #5 Re: CB300 is being offered in the US in 2015 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    perfect bike, imo

6. #6 Re: CB300 is being offered in the US in 2015 
    Quote Originally Posted by effertime View Post
    perfect bike, imo
    I had a 1984 VT500 which I regretted selling, but needed the money a few years ago, so the CB500 would be my perfect bike--or the CB500x

7. #7 Re: CB300 is being offered in the US in 2015 
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    I had a 1984 VT500 which I regretted selling, but needed the money a few years ago, so the CB500 would be my perfect bike--or the CB500x
    Same. Maybe CBR600F.

8. #8 Re: CB300 is being offered in the US in 2015 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Same. Maybe CBR600F.
    yeah., same here! CBR650F would be the overall bike for me. You'll get the comfort of riding a naked bike with the sound of a 4 cylinder sports bike. Im even considering to get one back home! But yeah, the cb300 still looks appealing.

9. #9 Re: CB300 is being offered in the US in 2015 
    Just considering the price points, I still see an under $3,000.00 model being possible. The market always wants to inflate prices and in that create exclusions. The lower the price the more new entrants into the market and once on a motorcycle, riders moving up to a new models is typical.

I would like to see a line of air-cooled singles under the CB300 and the CB250 predecessor.

Honda could offer training courses for new riders with these, getting people interested in ridding. If they offered a well supported options for low priced models they may actually bring about an increase in riders and many may progress up to other offerings.

10. #10 Re: CB300 is being offered in the US in 2015 
    I like the idea, with the bike in the top photo going head to head with the TU250. Is the bottom photo the CRF230--that one was, if I remember, ironically higher priced than the bike that replaced it, at least in the US--theCRF250.

The problem with your ideas are the fact that the Japanese companies cannot fathom that they are fending off Chinese bikes, which have improved in quality and 'fun'. Take the whole culture of the Cleveland Cycle Werks--Chinese and 'fun' for well under an entry level bike from a major company.

The problem I see, at least in my case, is the ability to pay cash for a Chinese, or having to finance a Japanese bike. I would rather put up with, and repair, any issues that come up with my TMEC, than making a forced $100 + payment every month for 3 years or longer, after having put out cash for a down payment. Then, I am forced to pay for comprehensive and collision insurance vs. the liability-only I carry now. This is on top of all my other expenses.