Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Ice Bear 110 cc Monkey Sidecar 
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmove View Post
    Are you riding the Z50 monkey clone bike much? What does it look like it might cruise at?
    It has been ignored but I'll ride it next week with my GPS app on my cell phone to report on the top and cruising speed with the 17 tooth front sprocket.

Tomorrow I plan to ride the CT70 clone to Deal Gap (AKA the Dragon) for our last Sunday morning breakfast meeting as they are closing for the off season. I'll report on it's top and cruising speed now that it has the 17 tooth front sprocket and is broken in.

IMHO The CT70 clone has a better price, bigger wheels and has more room so it is preferred over the Z50 clone.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

2. #22 Re: Ice Bear 110 cc Monkey Sidecar 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post

IMHO The CT70 clone has a better price, bigger wheels and has more room so it is preferred over the Z50 clone.
    It is ironic that with just the addition of a sidecar, Icebear made their z50 replica a true utility/attention-getting machine. I would think that if you are selling the z50, perhaps you can do an engine swap with your Icebear? Might not be worth the hassle for minimal gain, but throwing it out there since I get to live vicariously through you and your monkey bike collection.

Birdmove--if they still have the $900 deal on the DAX clones, even with shipping to Hawaii, that is your next bike.

3. #23 Re: Ice Bear 110 cc Monkey Sidecar 
    Yep, if you wanna play with a sidecar rig get the monkey hack.
    The CT70 is a more practical ride over the Z50 if you are looking for transportation. But everybody knew that.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

4. #24 Re: Ice Bear 110 cc Monkey Sidecar 
    This is that outfit out of Huntington Beach, Cal. area that modifies the real z50s, CT70s and sells and modifies clones. I posted a video of them on Interstate 5 between San Francisco and the L.A. area hitting 80mph on a Z50 clone, if you remember. This one is a fun in the snow with a sidehack:

5. #25 Re: Ice Bear 110 cc Monkey Sidecar 
    C-Moto Regular
    I looked over my receipt from SaferWholesale, and somehow it had my Gmail email address on it instead of hotmail. I almost never use my Gmail acct, so maybe their form auto-filled it in. Anyway, I opened the Gmail acct and the bike shipped on the 31st. It says it shipped out of Atlanta, so it must be the distributor that I communicated with in the past. If anyone is looking to save shipping costs on one of these little beasts, pick-up from Atl is probably a possibility. Shipping weight is listed at 300lbs.

6. #26 Re: Ice Bear 110 cc Monkey Sidecar 
    C-Moto Regular
    I got a phone call from the freight company. It should be here tomorrow ! Hopefully we can get it unloaded from the box truck to the bed of my pickup by sliding it down my mc loading ramps.

Barnone-- How tippy is the little rig in right hand corners? Do you keep any weight in the sidecar, or just lean to the right? Maybe it's low enough that it's pretty stable?

7. #27 Re: Ice Bear 110 cc Monkey Sidecar 
    Quote Originally Posted by scottro View Post
    I got a phone call from the freight company. It should be here tomorrow ! Hopefully we can get it unloaded from the box truck to the bed of my pickup by sliding it down my mc loading ramps.

Barnone-- How tippy is the little rig in right hand corners? Do you keep any weight in the sidecar, or just lean to the right? Maybe it's low enough that it's pretty stable?
    Very tippy in right hand corners but if you lean in you can keep the car on the ground. I've gotten quite good at flying the car. I can fly it for miles and even around tight corners. Great fun.

I would never fly the car when I was riding my ex Ural on the road. I did fly it in parking lots for practice.

I think you need lean in instead of lean out like in a normal rig. I adjusted the normal 1 degree lean out and the car really wanted to fly. So I went back to the way it was set up in the crate. Neat and easy adjustment of the toe in.
    The nuts on the struts need to be unscrewed and then the bolts need need to be unscrewed. The nuts are lock nuts. Quite a neat and well thought out little rig. I'd leave the setup as delivered and ride it for a while before changing it.

No weight in the car. The rig is so light the your body weight has much more effect than it would in a heavier rig.

We slid the crate from the semi into the bed of my truck with no problem. Just ease it over. I don't think you need the ramps.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

8. #28 Re: Ice Bear 110 cc Monkey Sidecar 
    C-Moto Regular
    That's great the sidecar can be adjusted. I didn't know that. I've got an R69 BMW with sidecar that I've only toyed with flying the chair. I've scared myself a few times in sharp downhill or off camber right-handers.

My truck's an '89 Toyota 2wd, so it's a little lower than most newer ones. If the driver's the sort that will help unload, then I don't foresee much trouble. I just want to be prepared in case he's of the "Not my job" sort who only drives.

I got one of the Snow Hog tires mounted on the Z50 clone on Sunday. It's going to look pretty crazy when I get both front and rear on the bike. lol

snowhog.jpg

9. #29 Re: Ice Bear 110 cc Monkey Sidecar 
    Oh, I didn't realize that you have a sidecar rig or maybe I forgot. You will love flying the mini hack.
    It is very easy to adjust. Much simpler than my Ural and I imagine also your BMW.
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG

10. #30 Re: Ice Bear 110 cc Monkey Sidecar 
    Quote Originally Posted by scottro View Post

I got one of the Snow Hog tires mounted on the Z50 clone on Sunday. It's going to look pretty crazy when I get both front and rear on the bike. lol
    Did you see that video above about the hack in the snow?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast