Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Bike maintenance course Hong Kong 
    NZBrakelathes,

I had a business dealling with British classic car restorations, parts and sales in Spain, so it seems we would have quite a bit to talk about over a few beers. In the end all my own cars in Spain were Jap Classics as the British stuff didn't go and broke down too often. I still have my 260Z 2 seater, my Nissan Silvia and a 160J SSS in storage there. I really should sell them but ......... I sold my R32 GTR before I came out here :-(

Before that I prepared my own race cars when I was in the UK, my dad was a new car dealer and most importantly a Honda and Yamaha bike dealer too. When I was a kid I used to go the bike dealership at weekends and holidays to help the guys out, I started doing the most important jop anybody can do in a UK workshop, making tea. Then progressed on to building the new bikes up, at least I got to test the smaller bikes :-).

Symon
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy

Banned
    You sold you BNR 32! Your mad that's my fav car of all time! Drive one in NZ spun it out lol
    I use to import some cars to NZ also from Japan some sports but mostly family stuff as it was easier to sell and less outlay etc
    Btw I drink coke or sprite haha :)

3. #13 Re: Bike maintenance course Hong Kong 
    Yes I sold my BNR 32, I bought it from a friend in Japan in the late 90's. He was the original owner, just 30,000 kms on the clock, like new, only mods were a set of 17" Original Rays wheels.

I used it almost everyday for a while. Never spun it at all but I did have almost total brake failure at a local circuit a the end of the main straight. Not sure how I didn't do major damage to me and the car. After that fitted AP Racing brakes all round, but it never seemed to want to stop. It always did maybe it was just too heavy. Here is a youtube video of the car in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HelmvjWTtAM . Shame the video was taken when the car was on a knacked set of road tyres. :-)

Anyway the car I really love is my 260Z, about as good as it gets in my opinion. Mine has about 280 BHP and loads of trick stuff. Goes like the wind and corners superbly.
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Banned
    I can't YouTube mate - no vpn

5. #15 Re: Bike maintenance course Hong Kong 
    How can you live here without a VPN ?

Banned
    Lol like no tv no news haha
    Doesn't bother me to much but I'd like to look at it - get a vpn router so all things open

7. #17 Re: Bike maintenance course Hong Kong 
    Try astrill.com works really well :-)

8. #18 Re: Bike maintenance course Hong Kong 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Sounds good Symon. Might be heading out to huiyang this weekend if you're out and about that neck of the woods..

9. #19 Re: Bike maintenance course Hong Kong 
    Noel.

Not sure about my movements this weekend as it seems to be a pretty good forecast for windsurfing.

Anyway you have my number, give me a call and we can meet up if I'm not at the beach :-)

Symon

10. #20 Re: Bike maintenance course Hong Kong 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Sounds good Symon. Will drop you a line if i'm out there but It's looking less likely as herself will be working tomorrow... maybe the following weekend, was thinking of heading into Huizhou city to check out Churchill customs bikes, you keen?
    https://www.churchillcustoms.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast