Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: HID help

1. #1 HID help 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello I trying to fit Hid,s to my lexmoto xtrs but it is the wrong connectors. Can anyone tell me the connector I need
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: HID help 
    C-Moto Guru
    It's highly unlikely that you will find the correct adapter for your bike, you will need to remove the old headlight connector and solder in the new connections.

Find out which wire is for high beam and which one is for low beam using a multimeter, if you don't have one already then any cheap multimeter will do for this purpose. In other words find the wire that outputs roughly 12V when the dipped beam is on and 0 when it is off then do the same for the high beam.

Make sure that you insulate the solder joints well with heat shrink or at the very least electrical tape, you don't want the wires touching the frame and blowing your fuse while driving in the dark.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #3 Re: HID help 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer2004 View Post
    It's highly unlikely that you will find the correct adapter for your bike, you will need to remove the old headlight connector and solder in the new connections.

Find out which wire is for high beam and which one is for low beam using a multimeter, if you don't have one already then any cheap multimeter will do for this purpose. In other words find the wire that outputs roughly 12V when the dipped beam is on and 0 when it is off then do the same for the high beam.

Make sure that you insulate the solder joints well with heat shrink or at the very least electrical tape, you don't want the wires touching the frame and blowing your fuse while driving in the dark.
    OK thanks I have a meter. Do the ballasts need to be grounded? Theres wires for that

4. #4 Re: HID help 
    C-Moto Guru
    Yes they do need to be grounded.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.