Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Difference btw. East and West Canada 
    Looking at Saga's dealer list, I noticed that BC and Alberta have a healthy population of dealers that tends to fade away into nothingness as it reaches Quebec. Is it just because of where SAGA is located or is there a difference in riding culture between the to regions?

Just wondering why that is and if any local yokels could shed some light on the topic?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #2 Difference btw East and West Canada 
    If I may........

When we first started back in 2005,the intent was to import and sell locally. As time went on we found that there was a market for a distribution network in Scooter industry. City by city we were able to grow our business 1 dealer at a time to be the #1 importer of Scooters in Canada. We have sold more scooters western Canada than any other importer in Canada...even Hyosung. Last year at the Atlantic Motorcycle show,Saga Canada set up a 10'x40' booth and the interest was huge! In the last 18 months we have set up 11 dealers in eastern canada(There are 8 showing on the website and 3 that are in the process of getting on the website). Quebec is a hard market to break into but it is a huge Scooter market. During these economic times, alot of Quebec dealers are waiting until the market rises abit but we will get there. We have 3 dealers that sold 80 to 100 of our scooters last year alone. In the province of Manitoba and Saskatchewan, the population are in the main cities which we have dealers set up.

Its not that there is a difference btw east and west...its building the business the right way.

I hope that clarifies your question!

Brad

Brad,

Much thanks for the concise, well thought out answers! Are there any differences between the riding cultures between east and west Canada? For example, more dirt bikes in the West and more scooters in the East? Are these the result of different regulations? Economic histories?

Sorry for the extra questions but I'm just trying to develop my understanding of the Canadian moto market.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #4 Good topic 
    Carl,

I don't think the riding cultures are any different than any where else. You still have your Sportbike riders,Cruiser riders,Harley enthusiests,motocross and so. What I have noticed is that more and more women are taking there riders coarse and hopping on a streetbike. The scooter rave have definately boomed over the last couple of years with the majority of the demographics being 14-18 and 50+. Regulations do have a slight influence but not enough to make or break your decision, people will fit there ride around there the regulations and there comfort level.

Its pretty balanced across the country except for the fact that the West coast has a longer riding season.

Thanks,

Brad

5. #5 ast and west rockies 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Brad,

Much thanks for the concise, well thought out answers! Are there any differences between the riding cultures between east and west Canada? For example, more dirt bikes in the West and more scooters in the East? Are these the result of different regulations? Economic histories?

Sorry for the extra questions but I'm just trying to develop my understanding of the Canadian moto market.

CC
    i was in alberta on the long weekend , i have never seen so many quads in my life . seems like 2 wheelers were very rare . the dirt over there is quite different that the west side , very muddy and slippery . even a gravel road is hard to travel on with a bike when it rains .

Very true that the albertans have lots of quads..But they do have a lot of open flat land.In BC I have always found it easyer to ride a enduro on the trails as they are steep,narrow ect.I own a quad and never seem to use it other than helping do yard work.