Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Jetmoto Canada

1. #1 Jetmoto Canada 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi, does anyone know who's building for Jetmoto Canada? I called the dealer in St Albert AB, but he refused to tell me!
    Their website is also pretty confused. eg

The caption says 250 cc dirt bike, the picture shows a 200gy.
    the specs say 250cc engine in some places and 229cc in others??
    I believe the 229cc engine is an '80s Suzuki design. The same one used in the Qingqi?

I also spoke to nice people at Konker in Langley BC, they are selling a kms200, a 200cc bike. But it seems to come with motard wheels/tires, as I am primarily interested in off-road...

To add to the confusion ad's in Alberta make reference to selling a 250cc Konker, yet Konker motors in Langley claims to be the Canadian Distributor and they don't have this bike. There is a lot of confusion out there!

These kinds of confused mixed messages are enough to drive someone straight into the nearest Honda shop.

Cheers

Kancho o'nigi shimas

Jet moto is made in the same factorie as Saga motorcycles as far as I know and have seen on the internet.Now I may be wrong but I was surfing manufatures and read it somewhere.

The confusion seems to come from the fact that the bikes are mass produced and rebadged under all these names.You and I could order a sea can of bikes ( trust me anyone will sell to us if we put up the money) and call them KANCOKEN enduros...But we are riders and just want to enjoy riding.

You should take a look at Saga.They have the 250 enduro and the 200 same bike but off road only.
    Call Dan at saga canada ( www.sagacanada.ca) and he'll set you up with a deal on some bikes.Tell him you were talking to me ( Ken from Golden) it may score you some points..:)
    A plus to buying from SAGA is that they are in BC and if you need stuff they just send it to you over night.They even have a 2 year warrenty.I have a flasher unit fail and they sent me one postage paided.

How the snow in Christina lake....LOL.I just moved from Grand forks to Golden.I lived in GF for 15 years.

C-Moto Noob
    Hi Jim:

Thanks for the info. The snow? The bloody snow is finally, FINALLY, starting to go away. We've had - gasp - two nice days in a row now!

Cheers

Kancho

PS For anyone interested Shineray is supplying the xy250ys enduro water cooled Loncin engined bikes at:

Contact Person: Mr. Nathan Perry

Midwest Motorsports Canada Ltd.
    Box 454
    Three Hills, AB T0M 2A0

Toll Free: 1-866-899-7979
    Phone: (403) 443-7979
    Fax: (403) 443-5189

info@midwestcanada.com

Shineray told me this today, he is exclusive agent. I checked his site, he wants 3 large for a bike (Canadian funds)

Shineray told me this today, he is exclusive agent. I checked his site, he wants 3 large for a bike (Canadian funds)[/QUOTE]

Try..$4695.00+freight+pdi+GST

He is calling it the NRG250F

C-Moto Noob
    Whooops, me bad!

I looked at the wrong picture, his 250cc air cooled bike is 2999$ Also, presumably, a Shineray.

Sorry 'bout that. I can only imagine that he has -ahem- added a very healthy markup for himself.

Cheers

Kancho

Quote Originally Posted by SAGACanada View Post
    Shineray told me this today, he is exclusive agent. I checked his site, he wants 3 large for a bike (Canadian funds)

Try..$4695.00+freight+pdi+GST

He is calling it the NRG250F[/QUOTE]

This is a great bike! They are even racing this is pro races out in China but look at that price! You can buy an OEM for the price..

BTW,
    the KSM200 does come with the Motard wheel package but we also do have the enduro wheel kit that we can sell with it. We have them in stock