Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuhaus View Post
    To be honest I have some trouble understanding the appeal of dirtbikes...
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    How about this?

CC
    or this?

The Galaxy dealer is in Yi Zheng (仪征), a wee town just east of nanjing.
    Right now most of the staff are gone on a 6 week ride to tibet on 5 XTRs, i wanted to go with them but could get the time off, but i digress.

If you want to call the shop now call
    Yang min min (杨民民) on 1395 2522 551
    he doesn't speak english though...

If you talk to him, tell him you got his number from me, they know me as Xiao Fei (小费). Or just say the laowai from suzhou. They like me there so it won't hurt to say you know me!

C-Moto Guru
    Thanks again for the help. I'll pass on the information to my colleagues here in Jiangsu who are also looking for bikes.

Concerning the dirt bike/road bike thing, I guess it just depends on the type of touring your doing. Recently we've only had time for weekend trips in to Shanghai and the neighbouring provinces. I'm just working on getting my skill level and confidence up before we do some multi day trips. Still, after riding (and loving) my cruiser, I'm thinking of getting a larger road bike of some kind.

No rush bro, go where you wanna go!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

one last thing about why a dirt bike is better in china: you're basically unstoppable!
    the roads in jiansu/shanghai/zhejiang are good because those are rich provinces, but if you want to venture a bit deeper into china and see some interesting places, even as close as anhui, you'll quickly find the limits on a road bike. it's very satifying to plough right through dirt and potholes while all the other vehicles have ground to a halt!

having said that, if you like a big comfy seat then don't buy an XTR! it's a very capable bike but on a long trip your arse will hurt!

C-Moto Senior
    Trouble is you need many bikes. It would be great for having a sportbike to rip it up, an adventure bike for a pack mule, a cruiser for long roads, and a dirtbike for exploring. I know if I got a dirtbike I would like to keep my cruiser for long trips and for giving rides to the fairer sex.

Right now I am still figuring out what I want out of a bike. For what I use it for, I love my cruiser. Ideally, I would like a sport tourer like my old Ninja ZX9R I had in Canada, but that's not gonna happen here. Most ideal would be a JH600, but again, a lot of money and stuff.

Next year I suppose I have a choice. Keep cruiser and get a dirtbike. Sell cruiser and get some sort of Japanese grey market bike. Or sell cruiser and get a standard that can do everything but not anything really well.

If something like an Asiawing spark was available and easy to get for around 20,000 RMB it would be a no brainer decision.

Felix (sorry to hijack a bit), but is Galaxy still in business? Their site seems to have disappeared, and even their B2B site is gone. Obviously there are still bikes, but are they in business?

Yeah they're still going! I don't know what's up with their site, it's been like that for a while now.
    They recently released the TGR 250, same engine as the XTR but with a better swing arm and a few better parts here and there like hubs, brake pedal, exhaust and stuff. Costs 1000RMB more but looks real nice! i'd probably get that one if i was buying now.
    They're also working on a liquid cooled 250 version wich should come out later this year, but i'm not sure how much it'll cost.

In the US, the price is $3300 shipped from Pitster Pro for the 25 hp liquid-cooled motard or enduro.

9. #19 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I had two different bikes while in China - the difference in quality between the two was astounding. The first was a Suzuki Engine (125) on a Chinese body. Awful bike! Cheap, flimsy. I paid way too much for it ($900) I just asked the couchsurfing.com contact I was staying with if he could find a friend with a bike to sell.

The second bike, a 150cc ZhongShen GY was much, much better. Dirt bike, with big fluffly shocks and knobby tires. It handled the 12,000 kms through Yunnan, Laos, Cambodia and Thailand much better than that crappy Suzuki would have.

10. #20 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    I have bikes in shanghai available.... I carry Jialings (150,200,250cc), zhongShens, some old used HongDu and other 大白菜's (big chinese white cabbages). All are domestic bike not for export and I can get you plates and registration. PM if interested Price with outside shanghai plate and insurance around 10,000 rmb

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast