Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaifingers View Post
    I have bikes in shanghai available.... I carry Jialings (150,200,250cc), zhongShens, some old used HongDu and other 大白菜's (big chinese white cabbages). All are domestic bike not for export and I can get you plates and registration. PM if interested Price with outside shanghai plate and insurance around 10,000 rmb
    Hey man, put up a link or an email address or something. If you do, I'll put a link to you on my website for readers to find you. Sure wish I had known you when I did my ride!!!

chris

chrison2wheels.com

2. #22 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    C-Moto Guru
    I have bikes in shanghai available.... I carry Jialings (150,200,250cc), zhongShens, some old used HongDu and other 大白菜's (big chinese white cabbages). All are domestic bike not for export and I can get you plates and registration. PM if interested Price with outside shanghai plate and insurance around 10,000 rmb
    Wondering what the hell "big chinese white cabbage" bike is. :)
    Seriously dude, wishing you had posted here a year ago. Loving my Suzuki and Honda for now though. :)

3. #23 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    Big Chinese Cabbage is the nick name given to 150cc Jailing dirtbikes because when sold for domestic use.... why, I am still trying to figure it out.... But it could be because the base color is white and they are plain and ordinary like the cabbage.... One friend asked if it was because locals used them to haul vegs to the market...hahaha

4. #24 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    C-Moto Noob
    I dunno if its still in topic, does anybody knows where to get a yamaha YZF 125 bike? and how much do you think is the real price here? i've been checking the chinese websites and most of them are around 2500-4000 rmb which im sure isn all BS! and other than that i coundt manage to find other places or shops that i can check:( Cheers!

5. #25 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    I dunno if its still in topic, does anybody knows where to get a yamaha YZF 125 bike? and how much do you think is the real price here? i've been checking the chinese websites and most of them are around 2500-4000 rmb which im sure isn all BS! and other than that i coundt manage to find other places or shops that i can check:( Cheers!
    I don't think Yamaha make a YZF 125 I thought they only made YZ250F and WR250F?

6. #26 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    Why buying that bike? Isn't that fast & dodn't had nationwide delear support - Bike only @ At least 30k RMB - To obtain the # plate : the "backoor" game isn't that fun

Sundiro Honda CBF150 is better choice. If don't care the expirated plate issue, the old girl (made in the 90's) : Wuyang Honda 125A (GL125) archive similar top speed as the YZF-R125
    Last edited by humanbeing; 06-13-2010 at 04:06 PM.

7. #27 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    Big Chinese Cabbage is the nick name given to 150cc Jailing dirtbikes because when sold for domestic use.... why, I am still trying to figure it out.... But it could be because the base color is white and they are plain and ordinary like the cabbage.... One friend asked if it was because locals used them to haul vegs to the market...hahaha
    the "real" Cabbage is Jialing JH125L The Story: http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_242412_1.htm

8. #28 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    C-Moto Noob
    the link below shows all motor stores (location and phone number) in Beijing. hope it may be helpful to you.

北京车行 / 俱乐部 / 摩配店 名录
    http://motor.nciku.com/viewthread.ph...extra=page%3D1

9. #29 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    Apologies in advance... I feel this is within the subject of the original question.
    I am Australian, newly emigrated to Yangzhou, Jiangsu province.
    Last January I personally saw some Yamaha 250cc bikes in the local shops, this morning meiyo apparently.
    Last January I had been told I could only get up to a 250cc in this city, and only if living in western district.
    An earlier post mentioned a Galaxy dealer in YiZheng city just west of Nanjing, my wife tells me its very close to me, and Suzhou.
    Xiao Fei, the lowai from Suzhou posted in 2009; are you still living in Suzhou?
    So far the Yizheng Galaxy dealership sounds like my best bet.
    BTW, I was motorbike licensed in NSW Australia, and have managed to get that transferred into my new Chinese driving license.

http://www.guorui888.com/
    I also found this website, which falls under the 'If its too good to be true, its probably a scam!' category.
    My wife rang them and spoke briefly to a 'Salesperson'. Asking the obvious question of why are the bikes so CHEAP!?
    ( A 2010 Yamaha YZF-R1 is listed for 2500yuan!! less than my mother in laws 125cc scooter!)
    They answered something about they they are smuggled bikes, and they sell them on behalf of customs?
    I expected to find some feedback on the internet indicating they are scammers, and victims of assumed scam would have posted some warning somewhere.
    If you have time please take a look at the website, there are some nice pictures at least ;)
    Has anyone heard anything about this site? or similiar sites as to whether my application of Okhams Razor is appropriate?
    I.E. The most obvious answer is usually the correct one.

Cheers and beers! Murrance.

10. #30 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    G'day Felix, or Xiao Fei ;)
    Nice picture firstly, really missing my Honda XR400 now!!
    I am in Yangzhou, very close to Suzhou, Jiangsu province. You said Yi Zheng is just east of Nanjing?
    My wife guesses a lot of the time, but she is a Yangzhou local girl who assures me Yi Zheng is rather close to me.
    Well much closer than Shanghai, even Nanjing, its all relative I guess ;)
    Are you still around? Could you provide an address for the Galaxy dealer, I am very very curious/interested and would like to drive myself there for a look see.
    (Our car has a half decent GPS that only jerks me around about once a week! Directing me down roads that do not exist, or have been torn up!)
    No worries if your unable, I will get wifey to ring Yang min min tonight for me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast