Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    They are claiming that the bikes are single vehicle imports :marked CCIB, that was the system used prior to 2003 when they changed to all products requiring a CCC mark.

They claim that all the products they sell have the mark of CCIB and in that I would assume they are 1989-2002 models and should have the documents that would validate them for that period from which they were originally imported.

http://www.ccc-mark.com/

The above site would be a good place to research your question, that being how can a verify a used motorcycle is legal.

2. #32 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Murrance View Post
    Apologies in advance... I feel this is within the subject of the original question.
    I am Australian, newly emigrated to Yangzhou, Jiangsu province.
    Last January I personally saw some Yamaha 250cc bikes in the local shops, this morning meiyo apparently.
    Last January I had been told I could only get up to a 250cc in this city, and only if living in western district.
    An earlier post mentioned a Galaxy dealer in YiZheng city just west of Nanjing, my wife tells me its very close to me, and Suzhou.
    Xiao Fei, the lowai from Suzhou posted in 2009; are you still living in Suzhou?
    So far the Yizheng Galaxy dealership sounds like my best bet.
    BTW, I was motorbike licensed in NSW Australia, and have managed to get that transferred into my new Chinese driving license.

(snip)

Cheers and beers! Murrance.
    Dear Murrance,

Greetings and welcome to MCM. Glad you are starting to dig into the archives; there's a ton of good information that will help you get sorted. Then, once you sort things out, you can post updates helping others.

Yangzhou? Isn't that where member zhu is living? He's posted about a decent frankenbike he's been riding. You could do worse than hooking up with him!

Let us know how you get along. Have you sorted out your license yet?

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #33 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    All sorted license wise, I only briefly eluded to this in my weaving 1st post ;)
    I was licensed for motorcycles back in NSW Australia for many years.
    A few weeks ago I went and passed the driving test with the local authorities, and help from a new family contact in the registry;)
    I made damn sure after all that hard work that they granted me the 'E'? motorcycle class as well as the normal car driving licence.
    I had a fairly good idea about how difficult it could be getting motorcycle licensed as a lowai :)
    so nipped it in the bud before any resulting depression could set in.

4. #34 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    You saved yourself a heap of trouble by showing up with a valid overseas license. Now all you need is a bike. But I'd steer clear of those sites boasting of having smuggled bikes. You want a heap of trouble, get one of those, and then get in an accident. You'll be toast.

Did you connect with zhu?

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #35 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    They are claiming that the bikes are single vehicle imports :marked CCIB, that was the system used prior to 2003 when they changed to all products requiring a CCC mark.

They claim that all the products they sell have the mark of CCIB and in that I would assume they are 1989-2002 models and should have the documents that would validate them for that period from which they were originally imported.

http://www.ccc-mark.com/

The above site would be a good place to research your question, that being how can a verify a used motorcycle is legal.
    Cheers for the info and the link. Based on this new information, and the fact the R1 I had my eye on said 2010 model, and the pictures would suggest the same.
    The shop price of 2500yuan, a little common sense;
    Furthermore to the fact they seem to want 20% deposit payment up front. I will draw my final conclusion they are triad scammers!!
    I would be very curious to go check it out personally, but even accompanied by a brutish new american friend, my life is worth so much more than an impossible bargain!

6. #36 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    Hi murrance,

I'm afraid i've lost touch a bit with those guys since i sold my XTR. I'd like to think that they're still in business but have no idea if they are, since the new C3 emissions laws that passed earlier this made the XTR unregisterable in china.

Give yang minmin a call anyway and see if they're still around. I've no address for you but can tell you that yizheng really is right beside yangzhou, like 20km. Lucky you!

Good luck and don't buy a bike from that website!

Felix

7. #37 Re: Where to buy in bikes China? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey guys,
    I have been in China awhile and, since being in Nanjing have owned 5 bikes (3 taken by police, 1 stolen and 1 sold to a friend) and am ready to purchase another Yamaha! You guys have been talking about clutch/shifting bikes, but I am interested in the scooters; because when they are modified, they are extremely fast! Does anyone know where to locate the dealerships around Nanjing?!
    Thank you!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234