Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 110/90s instead of 90/90s 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey guys,

I was wondering, I have 90/90 18s on my bike atm. Can I swap them out for 110/90 18s, or is that going to be too much of a jump?

2. #2 Re: 110/90s instead of 90/90s 
    Front and rear? Never seen it before, but I've only had one or two 125cc bikes. Usually that's a front tire size maybe a 120/90 18 on the rear? You can go wider depending on the clearance but go incrementally. So if you have 90/90-18 front and 120/90-18 rear go to 110 front and 140 rear.

The best advice is just stick to your original sizes, these are what the original (most likely Japanese as Chinese bikes are just copies) test riders and engineers have decided work best for your bike.

3. #3 Re: 110/90s instead of 90/90s 
    C-Moto Noob
    You'll be fine, the tires are wider but not taller so your gauge will not have to be calibrated

4. #4 Re: 110/90s instead of 90/90s 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by braund View Post
    Hey guys,

I was wondering, I have 90/90 18s on my bike atm. Can I swap them out for 110/90 18s, or is that going to be too much of a jump?
    Should be okay, but only trying to spoon the wider bead onto the narrower rim - will you know for sure. There's no increase in tyre wall so should be a pretty easy fit. Only other issue if you can spoon that bead onto the rim, is clearance... does it clear the forks/mudguard etc...
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

5. #5 Re: 110/90s instead of 90/90s 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mmsscooters View Post
    You'll be fine, the tires are wider but not taller so your gauge will not have to be calibrated
    Ahm, not true. Second number is percentage of the first one, i.e. 90% of 110mm is 99mm, while 90% of 90mm is 81mm.