Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Just landed in China 
    C-Moto Noob
    Dear friends,

I relocated to China and got meanwhile also my Chinese driving licence C1E.

For sure this question was already raised in this forum, but "how to get my 2 bikes to Qingdao?"

I have 2 BMW's (K1600 GT and F700 GS) which I would like to bring to this wonderful place in Shangdong.

Any help/advice would be welcome.

Safe

2. #2 Re: Just landed in China 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Hi 'safe' welcome to MCM craZie bus... do you have the two bikes in China already or the bikes owned by you and located abroad?
    If you are meaning you would like to bring one or both of your bemmers from abroad - import into PRC - think again... basically unless they are brand new with zero mileage and less than a year or two old and your employer has connections and holds an import licence that covers motorcycles... - if you can satisfy that criteria you could, but if not then you have almost zero chance.
    If you are referring to wanting to move your motorcycles from one town, district, province to another, then that is far more achievable.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #3 Re: Just landed in China 
    Welcome to MCM.
    BikerDoc is right. If your bikes are abroad leave them there. Any efforts in this subject would be wasted time.
    Buy a new bike here. If you like BMW I might be able to help to get a legal bike.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

4. #4 Re: Just landed in China 
    Hi Safe
    And welcome i live in Shandong as well untill it gets cold then i move down south to Hainan, Shandong is a great province and you have picked one of the best city in Shandong to live in "Qingdao" IMO but???? I think you will find out it's a "DRY" city bikes are band ?? from what I can see I don't think it is strictly enforced but it's still a dry city, the Doc knows his stuff on the matter of trying to import a bike from your home land take his advice.
    I have 2 BMW's (K1600 GT and F700 GS)
    both these bikes are spot on for China and I can fully understand your desire to relocate them to China. Now what bike to buy here in China hehehh if you decide to buy one here, yes start a new thread and i am sure you will get some good advice on MCM .
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #5 Re: Just landed in China 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello friends,
    sound not so encouraging :(
    However I can hear on the weekend big bikes driving around my place at the olymic marina.

So seems to be a semy dry city :)

So I have to leave my BMW's behind me, at least for my Qingdao term.

Thanks a lot for your replys!!

6. #6 Re: Just landed in China 
    Quote Originally Posted by safe View Post
    Hello friends,
    sound not so encouraging :(
    However I can hear on the weekend big bikes driving around my place at the olymic marina.

So seems to be a semy dry city :)

So I have to leave my BMW's behind me, at least for my Qingdao term.

Thanks a lot for your replys!!
    Great news ..... about the sound of the big bikes....

Qingdao Traffic Police are quite lax when it comes to enforcing these regulations. However, beware that if you are caught, depending upon the mood of the officer, your bike will probably be impounded and you'll definitely have to pay a fine. Recently the Qingdao Traffic Police have begun to crack down on violators. On the bigger roads in the city, such as XiangGang, NingXia, NanJing, scooters are generally forbidden. Qingdao City is NOT bicycle or motorbike friendly!

You will be more worried about getting your bike ripped off or parking than getting hassled by the local Qingdao Traffic Cops.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #7 Re: Just landed in China 
    Welcome! Qingdao is quite nice. We try to get there about once a year, I never have been able to time it during the beer festival, though. If I had a do-over, I would like to have settled in Qingdao instead of Beijing. Too bad you're running into snags getting your beemers there..