Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Hello China Moto 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I’m Brook, from the not so sunny midlands in the uk,
    I thought I would join up following my latest purchase..

IMG_0212.jpg IMG_0213.jpg IMG_0224.jpg

Branded as a WK 450rx here in the UK, as I’m sure most on here are aware it’s actually a Asiawing bike, but branded under a heap of different names across the world,
    Full “review” (a few paragraphs based on my first impressions) will follow in the Dirt and Dual-sport section.
    As it happens my work has reasonably strong connections in China so this new toy will be sitting in the lock up until the new year as I will be in Shanghai for the next five weeks, My first visit to China so I’m really seeing this year out with a strong Chinese flavour..
    Any way I look forward to becoming part of this forum,

Thanks to all.

2. #2 Re: Hello China Moto 
    Welcome! You are one of the few who owns one of these. A few years back, someone had a thread of one of these (he purchased his in China). I remember reading a British bike site reviewing small bikes, and a WK 125 came up in the comparison test. The site said they were Taiwanese, but I wonder if they are all made by Asiawing?

3. #3 Re: Hello China Moto 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thank you

According to "how many left" there has been 12 registered here for the road...
    I think with a lot of bikes it being that rare would put me off, but with the warranty and if the Honda "inter-change-ability" is as true as I think it is I'm more than happy with it.

As far as I can make out WK is just the UK importer, I don't know who the supplier of their smaller bikes and scooters is, (this actually has a Asiawing ID plate on the frame)
    I do know they also offer the CF Moto 650 naked road bike under their own branding here as well.

I'm hoping to be able to pick up some treats for it while I'm in China...

4. #4 Re: Hello China Moto 
    I've ridden your bike in China and I only live a few hours from the Asiawing factory, and let's just say at that time it had some serious quality and build issues. However I think if WK have taken them on there must have been some serious improvement, as WK's are usually the cream of the China bike crop and the 650i, (my bike aka CFMOTO 650NK) has made it to 10,000 kms with a only a handful of niggles, although I worry the chances of making it to 50,000 without serious issues to be unlikely. Make sure those bolts are tight and you keep the warranty in a safe place.

Best wishes, Z

5. #5 Re: Hello China Moto 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    I've ridden your bike in China and I only live a few hours from the Asiawing factory, and let's just say at that time it had some serious quality and build issues. However I think if WK have taken them on there must have been some serious improvement, as WK's are usually the cream of the China bike crop
    Cleveland Cycle Werks in the US will be selling these, too. Not that they are at or near Japanese levels of quality, they, too, are above the Chinese herd; I think with CCW, and you mentioning WK, being up there, these will be as high up in quality as far as Chinese bikes go. These guys are putting their reputations on the line, after all...

6. #6 Re: Hello China Moto 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    G'Day, hopefully you have a better owners experience than Steve Halt did on his Asiawing LX450
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso