Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. #41 Re: CIMA 2014 ChongQing Report 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Thanks for taking all the pictures bikerdoc.

Just an FYI guys and gals. When you embed that many photos into posts, MCM has to pay for the bandwidth to serve them all. Hosting them on an external image hosting service lets you show much larger images and also reduced the bandwidth hosting costs of MCM.

Not a complaint, just a heads up.

Cheers!
    Taking and sharing the photos - no worries. My only regret is my new Fujifilm camera hadn't arrived in time for my trip to Chongqing (the camera was a replacement for a Fuji Finepix I dropped on a recent trip to TaoHua Dao (island) while taking photos while standing by my bike on the day. I had to make do with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3's camera.

I appreciate being able to upload and share photos easily. It is one of the aspects I like about MCM compared to some of the other dozen+ MC forums I'm a member of - that being the ability to upload photos directly.

I'm not a big fan of having to host photos elsewhere and then link them in, despite me having a (free) photo hosting account. The reason is, as photos are uploaded onto the free photo hosting site, links to previously shared photos drop out and become invalid. It's the reason I don't share many photos on the other forums that require photos to be hosted elsewhere.

If you'd prefer ChinaV, I can delete some photos -if that might make it easier?

Otherwise, maybe it is worth MCM considering a "donate" button/link such as can be found on a couple of other MC forums et al. websites to help with 'costs'?

Footnote: if any MCM member wants to donate towards the cost of my plane ticket (1200), airport parking (200) etc. then I have a Paypal account - LOL

Joke!
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 11-20-2014 at 04:28 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

2. #42 Re: CIMA 2014 ChongQing Report 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Thanks for all the time you spent posting pics.

Very interesting stuff

3. #43 Re: CIMA 2014 ChongQing Report 
    Thanks for the effort getting the photos up on the site.

4. #44 Re: CIMA 2014 ChongQing Report 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    it is a pity(
    Yingang do its best model (yg250) is more touristless ((

Thanks for photos))

5. #45 Re: CIMA 2014 ChongQing Report 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Thanks doc! Interesting changes to the Jialing 600 sidecar (beauty in the eyes of the beholder).

6. #46 Re: CIMA 2014 ChongQing Report 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    I appreciate being able to upload and share photos easily. It is one of the aspects I like about MCM compared to some of the other dozen+ MC forums I'm a member of - that being the ability to upload photos directly.

I'm not a big fan of having to host photos elsewhere and then link them in, despite me having a (free) photo hosting account. The reason is, as photos are uploaded onto the free photo hosting site, links to previously shared photos drop out and become invalid. It's the reason I don't share many photos on the other forums that require photos to be hosted elsewhere.

If you'd prefer ChinaV, I can delete some photos -if that might make it easier?

Otherwise, maybe it is worth MCM considering a "donate" button/link such as can be found on a couple of other MC forums et al. websites to help with 'costs'?
    I'm not sure I understand why your photo hosting site would be dropping previous pics, I think there was a thread many moons ago about good photo hosting options.

I'm not suggesting you remove anything, I just wanted to point out the benefits of offsite photo hosting. I was using the internet on a 9600 baud modem 20+ years ago, so I look at bandwidth in a very different way than most people. I know many forums have removed direct photo uploading because of the bandwidth issue. The last photo spread I did on the CIMA show was in 2010 and it garnered 33,000 views. I published 170 photos @ roughly 200kb each X 33,000 views = 1.12 terabytes of bandwidth. I'm sure we never would have gotten a fraction of that without all the biker babe pics . It's not my forum, so I can't really comment on whether or not it has a financial impact on the owner. I've seen a lot of good posts with photos on MCM, and it always bums me out to see them at such a crappy resolution after the upload process butchers them with compression and resizing.

Thanks again for making the trip and taking the time to share.

Cheers!

7. #47 Re: CIMA 2014 ChongQing Report 
    The Shineray SRM's come from a investment they made into the rebirth of the SWM brand in Italy using the old Husqvarna factory and rights to remake the TE250,510 and 610 bikes with some small styling changes I hope Shineray will sell them as when Husqvarna was owned my Cagiva they made a running concept of a Mito 125 with a 510 engine for 45bhp at 120~kgs so would of been an awesome little twisties bikes.

8. #48 Re: CIMA 2014 ChongQing Report 
    Hey folks,

can someone tell me when is in 2015 the Motorcycle exhibition in ChongQing?
    Or provide a link to get the details. Thanks to all who answers.

Shuben
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

9. #49 Re: CIMA 2014 ChongQing Report 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    CIMA 2015
    Starts: 2015/10/18
    Ends: 2015/10/21

AFAIK
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

10. #50 Re: CIMA 2014 ChongQing Report 
    Thanks. I plan to be there this year ..... to figure out if I start a new china bike adventure to wrench and play and repair. :-)
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast