Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Hello China Moto 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I’m Brook, from the not so sunny midlands in the uk,
    I thought I would join up following my latest purchase..

IMG_0212.jpg IMG_0213.jpg IMG_0224.jpg

Branded as a WK 450rx here in the UK, as I’m sure most on here are aware it’s actually a Asiawing bike, but branded under a heap of different names across the world,
    Full “review” (a few paragraphs based on my first impressions) will follow in the Dirt and Dual-sport section.
    As it happens my work has reasonably strong connections in China so this new toy will be sitting in the lock up until the new year as I will be in Shanghai for the next five weeks, My first visit to China so I’m really seeing this year out with a strong Chinese flavour..
    Any way I look forward to becoming part of this forum,

Thanks to all.

2. #2 Re: Hello China Moto 
    Welcome! You are one of the few who owns one of these. A few years back, someone had a thread of one of these (he purchased his in China). I remember reading a British bike site reviewing small bikes, and a WK 125 came up in the comparison test. The site said they were Taiwanese, but I wonder if they are all made by Asiawing?

3. #3 Re: Hello China Moto 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thank you

According to "how many left" there has been 12 registered here for the road...
    I think with a lot of bikes it being that rare would put me off, but with the warranty and if the Honda "inter-change-ability" is as true as I think it is I'm more than happy with it.

As far as I can make out WK is just the UK importer, I don't know who the supplier of their smaller bikes and scooters is, (this actually has a Asiawing ID plate on the frame)
    I do know they also offer the CF Moto 650 naked road bike under their own branding here as well.

I'm hoping to be able to pick up some treats for it while I'm in China...

4. #4 Re: Hello China Moto 
    I've ridden your bike in China and I only live a few hours from the Asiawing factory, and let's just say at that time it had some serious quality and build issues. However I think if WK have taken them on there must have been some serious improvement, as WK's are usually the cream of the China bike crop and the 650i, (my bike aka CFMOTO 650NK) has made it to 10,000 kms with a only a handful of niggles, although I worry the chances of making it to 50,000 without serious issues to be unlikely. Make sure those bolts are tight and you keep the warranty in a safe place.

Best wishes, Z

5. #5 Re: Hello China Moto 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    I've ridden your bike in China and I only live a few hours from the Asiawing factory, and let's just say at that time it had some serious quality and build issues. However I think if WK have taken them on there must have been some serious improvement, as WK's are usually the cream of the China bike crop
    Cleveland Cycle Werks in the US will be selling these, too. Not that they are at or near Japanese levels of quality, they, too, are above the Chinese herd; I think with CCW, and you mentioning WK, being up there, these will be as high up in quality as far as Chinese bikes go. These guys are putting their reputations on the line, after all...

6. #6 Re: Hello China Moto 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    G'Day, hopefully you have a better owners experience than Steve Halt did on his Asiawing LX450
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #7 Re: Hello China Moto 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hopefully so, but i have to point out mine is several years newer and there has been a few set up changes in that time,
    I'll run through his issues and my experiences though-

1. The carb. Mine seems fine, I have always had the plan of swapping to a CRF flat side carb later down the line, but mine starts/runs/idles spot on, even with the aftermarket exhaust,
    Idle control is adjusted by a big hand turn idle screw, no tools needed..

2. The original battery is a tiny lithium battery, tiny battery and big single cylinder engine is always going to be a tough call, but again mines doing fine, but having said that I use the kick starter from cold and most of the time when hot,
    But the battery/e start is an area I am a little dubious about I admit..

3. Stock blinkers, these are LED type things on mine, quality doesn't look great to be fair, as I intend on using the bike 90% off road those will be coming off and staying in the near future regardless.

4. The rear stoplight/ license plate assembly, totally re-designed on the later bikes, it was a plastic contraption, it has been swapped for an aluminium extension to the rear subframe.

5. Clutch line snapped, early days but no issues yet.

6. Exhaust burned the right side plastic cover through.
    Assuming that bike also has the cat in the centre section I can imagine it gets very hot, I'm using an aftermarket exhaust that doesn't have a cat in, and is also physically smaller so I hopefully won't run into this issue.

7. Both left/right controls (light switches, etc.) had to be replaced, admittedly the build quality is not on par with the japs when it comes to areas like the switchgear, touchwood mines been ok..

8. The headlight can hardly be called light at all.
    It's an off road/enduro bike, it's never going to offer lighting to rival a road bike, I have used mine in the dark, and the lights seem pretty much the same as any of the Japanese enduro bikes I've had/used.

9. Rear shock somehow came in contact with the carburetor-air filter hose,
    Sounds like something wasn't fitted right when it was built up?

10. Regulator-rectifier unit (稳压器) "burned" twice.
    I have heard of this a couple of times on the early bikes, all I can really say is so far so good..

11. Seat's shitty quality.
    Looking at the images when the bike is imported to a different area and takes on new branding and graphics the seat cover is one of the things that changes, no complaints in terms of quality on mine,
    It is about as comfy as sitting on a plank of wood though.

12. Took it to car wash.
    Mines been jet washed every time it's been used, no issues to report as yet.

13. Yesterday learned a new Chinese word: 启动继电器. Seems to be starter relay assembly.
    As No. 2, I don't use the e start system much, but when I have it's worked so far so good.

14. My stock mirrors are still in the box, have never been fitted and with the use I have in mind won't get fitted so I can't really comment.
    Last edited by Brook877; 11-13-2014 at 04:25 PM.

8. #8 Re: Hello China Moto 
    C-Moto Guru
    So, where exactly did you buy it from, and for how much (if it's not a very special deal)?

9. #9 Re: Hello China Moto 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Krasi View Post
    So, where exactly did you buy it from, and for how much (if it's not a very special deal)?
    I paid £3000 (28,863) (with both 17" and 18"/21" wheels)
    Registration was £100 (962)
    Upgrading the tyres, exhaust and gearing was about £300 (2,886)

I got just under half the cost of my tyre upgrade back by selling the std tyres on.
    (All uk sterling)

I bought it from MobyDicks in Derbyshire.

I've heard of slightly cheaper deals, but not with both sets of wheels, and that is a local dealer so servicing, parts and warranty should be a bit easier than if I've bought it from further afield.

10. #10 Re: Hello China Moto 
    C-Moto Guru
    Thanks. I'm in search for a new supermoto and/or offroad bike and am scratching my head (and rear end), trying to figure out what I want.

Any idea how much does your weigh? Compared to Japs and KTM alikes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast