Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: CFMOTO 650NK review at 10,000 km 
    C-Moto Regular
    Good one , I have given up cornies , I am now a Week Bix kid ,
    ,,, . I
    I just clocked 8.5k today , in the pouring rain , on the way home from work this afternoon .
    On the Do-do , tell that to old mate George , my darling , and a few others visited him last sunday and he is very humble , bike nearly fixed ,,, cant say that about his pride , oh yes ,,, his wrist will be another couple of months the poor bugger .

Brian.

2. #22 Re: CFMOTO 650NK review at 10,000 km 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob SoCal Adv Tourer's Avatar
    RE: CFMOTO 650NK review at 10,000 km

ZMC888,

Hello and happy new year. Thank you for sharing your 11,000 km review of your 650NK. I have been searching for comparable information all over the Internet and regret not checking MCM first... lots of great information right under my nose...

Anyhow, I would like to learn the mfr year of your CFMoto 650 and if you contribute many of the issues to being an early generation. (I checked your profile and was unable to find a reference.) I am unsure when the NT was initially released in China. Specifically, I am interested in learning more about the 2012 models and am unsure if the quality control issues or inferior component issues you experience exist on this model year as well.

Thanks again for nice review. Btw, please provide a quick one or two line update reflecting your currently mileage (if you still own it) and any serious issues encountered. Have you encountered many higher mileage (50,000-65,000km plus) 650NT/TK/TR's?

Thanks in advance and ride safely!

David

3. #23 Re: CFMOTO 650NK review at 10,000 km 
    ZMC888: Hello again. Please disregard the request in my previous post. I found another thread "New CFMoto 650NK blog" that reflects a Sept 2013 purchase. Unless the motorcycle sat on the showroom floor for a couple years, I assume you purchased a 2013 or 2012 CFMoto 650. I am considering a 2012 and found your threads and blog very informative. The reported assembly and reliability issues are disappointing. Ride safely. David

4. #24 Re: CFMOTO 650NK review at 10,000 km 
    Hi Dave
    I've been keeping up with your request for information with regards to older 650TR.
    I had a 2012/2013 CFMoto TR for over 2 years, completing just over 25.000km with only very small issues. Nothing major. Easily sorted, because parts are cheap. Use Taobao makes everything easy for those of us in China. You can source almost everything you might want or need for the 650TR on Taobao easily, for not much money.
    IMO buying a 2nd hand bike with low km (around 10,000km-20,000km for lets say around the 20.000 RMB price range could be a good deal.

If you are looking for a later model CFMoto 650 then I'd go for the TR-G over the TR. The electric screen is excellent, especially after adding an aftermarket screen.
    You can find a review here on MCM about the 650TR-G that I posted last year. Remember that the motor and gearbox is the same between the NK, TR and TR-G.
    I have over 50,000km in just over 1/2 year with zero issues riding from China through Russia the stans, EU and UK, then riding back again.

The TR-G is great, but it comes at a price - well over 70.000 RMB with a few extras fitted.

So it all comes down to how much you are willing or prepared to outlay.

If you want a Japanese brand with the proven reliability then you're going to have to be prepared to pay for it. Stay away from the illegal bikes... IMO.

Good luck with you hunt for a good deal on a CFMoto.

TR-G review link.....http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...50-TR-G-review
    Last edited by prince666; 01-11-2017 at 12:43 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #25 Re: CFMOTO 650NK review at 10,000 km 
    Prince: Hello and thank you for your input. Btw, I appreciate the time and effort you and others have contributed to this forum. As far as I can tell, MyChinaMoto is the best (English) knowledge-base regarding Chinese motorcycles on the Internet. The generous sharing of information, technical data, troubleshooting tips and insight into China is impressive! David

6. #26 Re: CFMOTO 650NK review at 10,000 km 
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Adv Tourer View Post
    Prince: Hello and thank you for your input. Btw, I appreciate the time and effort you and others have contributed to this forum. As far as I can tell, MyChinaMoto is the best (English) knowledge-base regarding Chinese motorcycles on the Internet. The generous sharing of information, technical data, troubleshooting tips and insight into China is impressive! David
    Yeah Dave, most long term members on MCM have been here more than a few years and many have owned a range of Chinese made bikes.

I have 4 bikes, 3 CFMoto's and 1 Yamaha (all locally made). While the import models are attractive, parts supply and pricing can be an issue depending on make/model.

Many of us, live, marry, eat, ride every day of the week here in China.

But fair warning, China is not all roses

:lol:
    Last edited by prince666; 01-11-2017 at 01:01 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #27 Re: CFMOTO 650NK review at 10,000 km 
    Hi, Dave,
    I will give you a little tip?

Taobao is like Ebay and many Chinese buy producys and parts from the site.

Now the Chinese sellers are no fools and work on the pragmatic idea of "supply and demand" which means if the parts of a bike keep breaking, then many sellers sell that item.

I just checked Taobao, and wouldn't you know it, not one seller is listing the foot-pegs for sale - so IMO it can't be a major problem.

Also, I can confirm a pair of new foot-pegs direct from CFMoto cost 66 RMB, that's only $10 USD. for a pair not one.
    Unsure how much the foot peg mounting plate costs.

As I said before, not a major issue if you are located in China and want to upgrade parts from CFMoto.

it would seem for a little capital outlay you could buy a 2014+ set of foot pegs and the mounting plates for not a lot of money, and upgrade for your peace of mind.
    Last edited by prince666; 01-11-2017 at 11:45 PM.

8. #28 Re: CFMOTO 650NK review at 10,000 km 
    Dear Dave,

Sorry I missed your post.
    Yes my bike is a 2013 model. I think some issues are to do with the year of manufacture.

My opinion would still be to buy a 2nd hand Honda rather than buy a new CFMOTO.

However I've largely switched to cycling as getting older and having kids. So the bike only has 20,000kms on it. Same issues, none new.

If you have ant other specific questions please ask.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123