Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Recommendation which moto to buy 
    What moto do you recommend for the crappy roads in china? thinking about the smoothness of most road bikes but they tend not to be good on rough roads. willing to spend 30K RMB or less
    thanks for the input!!

2. #2 Re: Recommendation which moto to buy 
    C-Moto Regular cryptographicide's Avatar
    Hey. I actually just asked this question in the dual sport thread. The answers are there but here is the tldr:

1. Buy a Japanese bike made in China. The YBR250 is the usual recommendation.
    2. If you really want a China bike, you have three options >250cc and many options <250cc.
    3. Larger than 250cc, look at jialing JH600 (sport touring), Shineray x5 (adv dual purpose), or a CFMoto650NK (street)
    4. At 250cc, you have a large assortment of utilitarian dual purpose bikes with few features and many cheap parts. Worth mentioning is the Zongshen Rx3.

information, dealers and prices can be found at http://www.newmotor.com.cn/
    1995 Suzuki Intruder (2005-Present){Canada}
    2003 Daelim Daystar (2011-2012){S. Korea}
    2014 Jialing 200 GY5A (2015-Present) {China}

3. #3 Re: Recommendation which moto to buy 
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptographicide View Post
    Hey. I actually just asked this question in the dual sport thread. The answers are there but here is the tldr:

1. Buy a Japanese bike made in China. The YBR250 is the usual recommendation.
    2. If you really want a China bike, you have three options >250cc and many options <250cc.
    3. Larger than 250cc, look at jialing JH600 (sport touring), Shineray x5 (adv dual purpose), or a CFMoto650NK (street)
    4. At 250cc, you have a large assortment of utilitarian dual purpose bikes with few features and many cheap parts. Worth mentioning is the Zongshen Rx3.

information, dealers and prices can be found at http://www.newmotor.com.cn/
    Thanks for the input.. And good site recommendation.

I have seen the Ybr and it didn't have rear disc...
    Zongshen looks good but doesn't feel refine when driving.

The Suzuki 250 is smooth but sucks off road or rough road and seat pushes passenger into driver making driving difficult

4. #4 Re: Recommendation which moto to buy 
    C-Moto Regular cryptographicide's Avatar
    /
    I guess I should correct myself. I forgot the Benelli brand. But I'm not sure where they fall. Made in China? Designed elsewhere? Can someone answer maybe?
    1995 Suzuki Intruder (2005-Present){Canada}
    2003 Daelim Daystar (2011-2012){S. Korea}
    2014 Jialing 200 GY5A (2015-Present) {China}

5. #5 Re: Recommendation which moto to buy 
    I guess I should correct myself. I forgot the Benelli brand. But I'm not sure where they fall. Made in China? Designed elsewhere? Can someone answer maybe?
    Benelli made in china seems popular and i see it in many places....but its a road bike and puts passenger up above the driver a bit. good price.. 600 is 40k rmb and they have a 300 that is 24K. big fat ass rear tire on the 600...this bike is bought by many chinese that want to show off....but it is good looking 42k will get you the european looking one!

6. #6 Re: Recommendation which moto to buy 
    JH600.jpeg
    For 30,000 and touring as has been already mentioned the JH600 is a popular bike. Many people have claimed reliability with this bike, and I believe them, maybe down to luck, although others are not fans. I'm kind of on the fence with the bike. Possibly one of the better Chinabike options, with a higher devlopment budget due to military orders, plus its been around a while, long enough to iron out some of the problems, a big maybe especially if you can find a well looked after 2nd hand one. Chinabike, so deprication and deterioration will be fast.

QM250.jpg
    Qingqi have a Suzuki joint venture and all their bikes have Suzuki derived engines. Their QM250GY 'Liger' seems like it might do the job within your budget. A true road trail bike, however its not Suzuki badged so deprication will be fast and assembly quality is questionable. I have heard the exported ones do corrode quickly in wet weather.

BN600.jpg
    Benelli BN600. To me it seems like likely a fun budget track bike and for can't ride posers who want a Ducati on the cheap for gaining face, but it's high on your budget and being a fairly low slung liquid cooled inline four nasty roads are surely going to upset it. Its been deisned by Italians, and assembled by Chinese, with Chinese management calling the shots, you can't really call it a joint venture bike. If only it had been a triple. If its not immaculate when selling it 2nd hand (to some show off) I think you'd struggle to sell it. In essence a Chinabike so deprication and deterioration will be fast.

bn600gt.jpg
    Benelli 600GT. It's got better clearance than a BN600 but its clealy an ugly heavy inline four so its just a tourer, and price will be up around 50,000 so not a great idea.

BN302.jpg
    Benelli BN302. Has a fairly powerful for its size liquid cooled twin that is obviously designed to take on the Ninja 300. Looks like it will one of the better road bikes off-road with the right shoes. There are some poistive views, but longer term who knows?

7. #7 Re: Recommendation which moto to buy 
    650NK.jpg
    CFMOTO 650NK or TR. Its a bit more meat and potatoes than the Benelli BN600 and copied from a proven Kawasaki ER6N design and being a 60hp liquid cooled twin. Some intermediate tires could see it being capable enough on some poorer roads, but it would still struggle with anything really rough, but its the high end of your budget at 37,000. Again its a Chinabike so deprication and deterioration will be fast.

KTM-Duke-390.jpg
    KTM Duke 390. assembled by CFMOTO in China. This is out of your price range at 50,000, but it needs a mentioned as it's actually a lot of bike for the money. Neutral riding position, and a powerful single for its size, thinking of resale, toughness and other factors with intermmediate road trail tires it might be a very capable machine for all but the roughest stuff. If only it was 40,000, it would sell like hot cakes. To most peoples thinking 50,000 is a bit rich for a bike assembled here.

GW250.jpg
    Haojue Suzuki GW250. A water cooled low-slung and very heavy for its size. To me it just looks wrong. It's well within your budget at 24,500, and probably very reliable. However many sub-par roads will be no-goes even with road/trail rubber. Will likely perform better than average in retaining its value.

YBR250.jpeg
    Jianshe Yamaha YBR250. 24,500 yuan. Proven relaible, but its still a budget single cylinder commuter, with cheap forks and a rear drum. But then again I'd rather have a Yamaha drum brake than a cheap underperforming Chinese disk brake with wooden brake pads. Neutral riding position and air cooling means throwing on some road trail tires means it could could just about go anywhere. It might be worth something when you come to sell it too.

Zongshen, Shineray, Galaxy and a few others.... Some of these companies make some interesting looking bikes and some of them road trail offerings over 250cc, worth a look, but obviously, assembly, reliability, deterioration and depriciation will most likely hurt you in the short and long run. Personally I'd rather buy better assembled road bike and put some road/trail tires and boxes on it than play Russian Roulette with a most Chinabikes.
    Last edited by ZMC888; 12-01-2014 at 02:04 AM.

8. #8 Re: Recommendation which moto to buy 
    ZMC888. EXCELLENT report

Here lies the problem.. So many seemingly good bikes but most have multiple draw backs.
    Two years ago I visited and bought a Galaxy 250,, one would think a foreigner visting their factory and buying a motorcycle there would think thay would give a well inspected bike! It had multiple problems..more rhan 10,,, first month and bad build quality. Furthermore they never responded to my efforts to contact them.

So yes Im cautious buying now. overall it reads as... Go with a road bike because quality likely better and add better suited tires

Thanks again

9. #9 Re: Recommendation which moto to buy 
    My own choices are as follows:

1. Best quality available without selling my apartment: Honda CB500F 70,000. Or wait for CB500X next year.
    2. Most logical bike to match terrain (not thinking about quality): Jialing JH600
    3. Best bike under 50,000: KTM Duke 390
    4. Best bike under 25,000 Jianshe Yamaha YBR250

Remember these are just opinions....

10. #10 Re: Recommendation which moto to buy 
    If you have already been burnt by a sub-standard Chinabike I would buy a Jianshe Yamaha YBR250 and then copy the YBR125KG as a template.
    T1767eFHlbXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg
    and buy some parts on Taobao.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast