Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    I just paid a deposit to the Guangdong Shineray rep to start work on my new X2 with the 300cc engine. The new models have an option for EFI, but at the advice of the Shineray rep, I decided to go with the carb version. He basically told me that if there is any problem with the EFI there is no one around Guangzhou who will be able to diagnose problems and fix it. REALLY EXCITED AND ANXIOUS!

I had the misfortune to be involved in not one, but two accidents this past summer with a car in Guangzhou, and as of the moment am recovering with a broken tibia and can't really walk much without a leg brace and crutches. NOT GONNA STOP ME FROM RIDING!

In the meantime I'm anxiously waiting. I'm told it will take around three weeks. I'll post updates after the bike arrives....

2. #2 Re: 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Sorry to read of your recent misfortune. All the best for a speedy recovery. Just a quick question, have you checked that the X2 300cc carb version can be plated? The reason I ask is that many motorcycles >250cc that have a carb as opposed to EFI aren't able to meet PRC emission standards (EU-III), which is why previous models that used to be plated legally, cannot be today.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #3 Re: 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    If there are registration problems then buy a 250cc X2 and a 300cc revamping kit.
    Maybe Barry add here some experiences regarding that solution ....

Barry!!! Where are you?
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

4. #4 Re: 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    It involves some kind of finagling, but it will be done. I don't want to do an expansion when it has the option for the 300cc engine. Biting my nails for the next several weeks! Like a junkie waiting on a fix

In principal u r right. So wish u success to register it.
    Afterwards we are waiting for an X2-300 review ....
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

6. #6 Re: 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    I had the misfortune to be involved in not one, but two accidents this past summer with a car in Guangzhou, and as of the moment am recovering with a broken tibia and can't really walk much without a leg brace and crutches. NOT GONNA STOP ME FROM RIDING!

Need to learn,,thanks....would your Tibia had not broken if you were wearing tall boots or were you wearing tall boots?
    thanks

7. #7 Re: 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePope View Post
    I'm told it will take around three weeks. I'll post updates after the bike arrives....
    So its been around 4 weeks now ;) Did you get the bike?

I remember talking to X2 owner who said that the engine was the best/most reliable thing about that bike. Hope the new 300cc will be as good as that old one

8. #8 Re: 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    So its been around 4 weeks now ;) Did you get the bike?

I remember talking to X2 owner who said that the engine was the best/most reliable thing about that bike. Hope the new 300cc will be as good as that old one
    Still waiting. Per usual business practice in China, they were very friendly and inviting and answered all my questions until they received my deposit money. After that I'm made to feel like I'm a nuisance for wanting to know anything. Maybe it's my perception, but... probably NOT...

9. #9 Re: 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    Shineray seems to have problems with staff. A guy who distributes TMEC and other bikes in the US used to deal with them but he said he would put in an order with a rep, and it seemed like when the bikes arrived weeks or a couple months later and he needed something or another, or he wanted to put in another order, the rep he had just dealt with was replaced already and had no idea of anything. A few times of that, and he gave up on Shineray altogether, and nobody followed up probably because no one knew about it!? He was one of the last US distributors for them, besides the short period of time Qlink brought their x2x bike in.

10. #10 Re: 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    I thought I'd update and give you guys the disappointing news. There isn't going to be a 2014 Shineray X2 300CC review. These people at Shineray are mind-bogglingly incompetent. I've dealt with 10 yr old children who were more organized, had better communication skills and integrity than this guy, Sun Tong, who is apparently the bigwig in charge that failed to get me the bike I had ordered and was promised BEFORE NEW YEARS DAY JANUARY 1ST. Three weeks turned into four weeks. Then five weeks, then six weeks, at which point I was rattling off a lot of derogatory painfully true stuff to my assistant about this guy and how unprofessional he is, which she then relayed to him. Apparently this loss of face for him was too much and he reacted like a spiteful and arrogant little child. He told me he couldn't finish the bike and didn't know when he could, then sent me photos of completely finished bikes in the factory, the extra set of supermoto wheels/tires/brakes setup I ordered and then returned the deposit I paid to him, PLUS 200RMB to my assistant along with an invitation to her for drinks. I promptly sent him his extra 200RMB back. I should have listened to the guys at Churchill Customs and their thread detailing the miserable and unprofessional experience they had dealing with Shineray. So that's that. I won't be buying an X2 now or any product from Shineray in the future. The Churchill guys spelled it all out and I have nothing to add. You can read their thread if you wish to hear more about a company with zero integrity, grace, professionalism and a boatload of crass arrogance to top it off.
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-ve-dealt-with

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast