Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    lol @ invite the assistant for drinks..

sorry you didn't get your bike Pope

2. #12 Re: 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    mmexport1422029674849.jpgIMG_20150121_162209.jpgIMG_20150121_162910.jpgIMG_20150121_163529.jpg

I got this instead on a whim when I found out the news. CB-1 with a CB600 engine in it. It's great for some local areas we have here in Guangdong.

3. #13 Re: 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    It's in a slight state of disarray BTW. Still working on getting it sorted. Having a blast and putting my off-road ambitions off until my leg is fully healed and I can utilize that kind of bike more fully. Maybe June, but it won't be Shineray....

4. #14 Re: 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Sometimes its hard do comprehend how ppl like that managed to build such a successful company. I know that the rep had nothing to do with building the company but he was employed by people who did

5. #15 Re: 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    I remember speaking to the people a the Shineray stand a the Canton Fair Abril 2014. They were the most unhelpful bunch you could every meet, they had no product knowledge, poor comunication skills and zero ideas on how to deal with a customer. They didn't answer the e mails that I sent them. I am not sure if their business is sucessfull but I worked out very quickly that I didn't want to buy anything from them either directly or indirectly.

I recently had a great conversation with the owner at a local Yamaha dealer, he really knew his stuff. He was able to give me loads of info about a motorbike that he had never seen ( XTZ125 ) and spoke to someone at Yamaha to answer the questions that he could no answer. I could see that if there are any issues that he would do his best to resolve. I would give him an A+ for his attitude and customer service. One thing that was quite funny, I didn't realise but his wife slipped out during the visit, went to the local McDonalds and bought 2 coffees with her, one for me and one for my wife. A small gesture that was very happily received.

The end of the story is that I bought a bike from the Yamaha dealer ( next week I am going back with a friend that wants to buy an XTZ as well ) and I would even p*ss on a Shineray even if it was on fire.
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy

6. #16 Re: 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    Many moons ago, I was purchasing and reviewing a lot of Chinese bikes. I was trying to learn more about the various manufacturers and also trying to help people on MCM discover which bikes were good options for China. None of the manufacturers I contacted gave me bikes, but most were willing to help my purchase one, and some, like Yingang, were actually very pleasant to deal with. Shineray was by far the worst bunch of idiots I ever met in all my business dealings during my 15+ years of living in China. They took incompetent twits to a whole new level. After MANY unsuccessful attempts to procure a bike though their dealers, or directly through the factory, I offered to fly to their company headquarters with cash in hand. They refused to sell me a bike and insisted I had to purchase through my local dealer. This started the whole go round again of not having a local dealer and their inability to deliver a bike.

Some people have positive Shineray stories. I'm not one of those people. Their bikes may be better than some of the other China Moto's, but as a whole, the company is pretty pathetic. If you're lucky enough to have a good Shineray dealer locally, or you manage to befriend one of the very few people in the company that care, you will probably be happy with what you get.

Cheers!

7. #17 Re: 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    I did find something interesting seems the engine might be 283cc I was looking at a Mikilon Aussie website and showed what they called a XS300 not bad overall I like the Carbon Fiber parts just the blue frame puts me off a little
    Mikilon XS300.jpg

8. #18 Re: 2014 Shineray 300cc X2 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post

Some people have positive Shineray stories. I'm not one of those people. Their bikes may be better than some of the other China Moto's, but as a whole, the company is pretty pathetic. If you're lucky enough to have a good Shineray dealer locally, or you manage to befriend one of the very few people in the company that care, you will probably be happy with what you get.

Cheers!
    Apparently it's a problem in Guangdong specifically. I know that there used to exist, a couple of Shineray dealers - one located in Xintang town in Zengcheng District, Guangzhou and the other in Huizhou. MCM user Snakeeater was able to purchase one through a local Honda dealer after working it out through the Shineray folks and post that fantastic review of the X2, but alas, I had no luck trying to do the same or ANY method. The guy was a complete arrogant buffoon and almost seemingly strung me along just to waste my time. I am now happy that it didn't go through, because I'd rather not have to deal with those clowns in the future until they get their act together...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12