Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Standard air filters 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi you all probably don't know but the cfmoto 650nk has a really crap air filter system and the air intake is located behind the radiator which sucks in hot air...which is good for cold starting to turn off choke....but crap when bike is warm. for those that don't mind getting fingers dirty and want a challenge....keep on reading.

remove seat and fuel tank (careful of fuel pipes and any leaking fuel) access air filter housing ( large black box) and remove air fliter, pull off plastic cover and split air filter....wire mesh over foam, place wire mesh back in holder and re-fit to air filter box. refit tank and pipes then seat...this will help a little with power as the foam is to thick to suck extra air in to engine.

before anyone asks... "what about dirt getting into engine" yes it can happen but how much off road riding are you planning to do on your cfmoto 650nk??

I did this for about 3 months and then fitted something else...air filter pods and what a difference it made to the bike

alex

20130505_150440.jpg20130505_150844.jpg20130505_151713.jpg

2. #2 Re: Standard air filters 
    well done Pommie

I love guys like you who looks at something and try to make it better . would of nice to see some type of air scoop from the side of the engine with a forced induction with nice clean air .. It is never
    good to draw in HOT air the colder the better ....... but well done and thank you for posting
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: Standard air filters 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thank you for your comments...my bike is still under warranty but I told the dealership I was moding my bike...as for cold induction it can be down from the front but to much work and cutting would be needed to make it work my way is better

alex

4. #4 Re: Standard air filters 
    Makes sense, I've done this on a bunch of my old bikes, especially good if the bike is running rich. Might do this on my CF too, but the crankcase filters are impossible to find in China and with such dusty air here you really need to change the pods every few months.

5. #5 Re: Standard air filters 
    C-Moto Noob
    where did you get your filters from and how hard was it to do for someone who so not a jet a motorbike mechanics

Does anyone know where I can get some sport/race air filter for my Benelli 600 GS? would love to fit new filter, but could not find anything until now... Please post me a link or so, thanks Dave
    Mailand or Madrid --> Main thing is Italy
    Bikes: In Germany Ducati Diavel AMG#259; China Benelli 600GS with Loud Pipes, since they save life's....

7. #7 Re: Standard air filters 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by stretchy View Post
    where did you get your filters from and how hard was it to do for someone who so not a jet a motorbike mechanics
    Hi the filters i got off ebay from shop in Adelaide $15..for crank case i had this laying around in my garage and was lucky it fitted..im guessing supercheap or repco might sell them

Alex