Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 honda CBF300 available in China? 
    anyone have information about the CBF300 for sale in china? HOnda is touting the fact, in china, the CBR300 winning races..I have hopes it will be available here...thanks

2. #2 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Not available here through official Ch!na Honda distributor.

The list of officially imported and distributed Honda Motorbikes at this time are:
    CTX1300 (ABS) MSRP 235,000 + sales tax
    ST1300 (ABS) MSRP 2180,000 + sales tax
    VFR1200F (DCT/ABS) MSRP 238,000 + sales tax
    CB1100 MSRP 155,800 (standard) + sales tax; 159,800 (ABS) + sales tax
    CBF1000 (ABS) MSRP 206,000 + sales tax
    NC750F (ABS) MSRP 99,800 + sales tax
    CTX700N (ABS) MSRP 99,600 + sales tax
    CBR500R MSRP 71,800 (standard) + sales tax; 76,800 (ABS) + sales tax
    CB500F MSRP 68,800 (standard) + sales tax; 72,800 (ABS) + sales tax
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 12-09-2014 at 04:09 PM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #3 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    The CBR300R seems to be available, or will be available soon, check out this link

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...cket=12#detail

Seems though, disappointingly enough, that the China spec bike is less powerful then for example the American version; 17,7kw for the Chinese version, 30,4BHP (22,66kw) for the American version.

4. #4 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    word of caution... buyer beAware.
    just because something is advertised on Taobao, don't make it real or legit... Photoshop, copying and taking links from other sources is very common practise on Taobao. Fabrication and lies follow on close behind.
    - Pablo Picasso

5. #5 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    Really? They do that kind of stuff in China?

Anyway, here a link from the Honda site; http://www.honda.com.cn/product/motor/cbr300r/

Now my Chinese isn't great, but it looks to me like the bike will be for sale in China in 2015...

6. #6 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    From the ad it would seem as though Wuyang Honda are importing them. Seems like a reduced effect model. Buying from Taobao is a bad idea, except when it is lower value items up to $1000 US and a highly rated seller.

If you really wanted one...

• Find nearest Wuyang Honda dealer
    • Be met with confusion by clueless saleslady who knows nothing about bikes
    • Insist that there is an imported CBF300
    • Wait till they deny confirm rumour with factory (you may be told no just because the boss would rather clear his current stock or its a bit 'mafan' or why anyone would ever do anything as insanely dangerous as making a bike over 125cc )
    • Negotiate price to same price on Taobao or less
    • Offer deposit, few thousand will suffice, but make it clear that the bike needs to be registered and road legal before you pay the rest of the money. Lend them a Chinese ID card or passport for them to be able to register the bike (may take a week or 2 with Chinese ID, or a month or two with a passport)

If you can get one, it's not a bad idea. However I believe you can get an imported Kawasaki Ninja 250 or Z250 for less, and those are more powerful twin cylinder bikes.

Also you can get a 600cc Chinabike for that money. A lot more bike, but a much bigger gamble, as it is very unlikely that a Honda will give you any issues, but a Chinabike certainly will.

7. #7 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    Yes, they will be available through Honda China in 2015, but it seems in limited numbers. So still no really interesting made in China long term offering from Honda... Will the day ever come when we can find a reasonably priced, Japanese brand, made in China, 600cc or so, touring or travel motorcycle here in China? As far as I know so far only Benelli (now owned by a Chinese company) and KTM offer made in China motorcycles in that power range. I have no idea about the reliability of the Chinese Benelli, and a KTM Duke 390 is not particularly suitable for long distance travel.

8. #8 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunafish View Post
    Really? They do that kind of stuff in China?

Anyway, here a link from the Honda site; http://www.honda.com.cn/product/motor/cbr300r/

Now my Chinese isn't great, but it looks to me like the bike will be for sale in China in 2015...
    The webpage ink above reads:
    new 2015 CBR300R offered for limited sales in Spring (but doesn't say where or what market). Congratulations to: 'Honda team', 3 Honda Race Team Champions (MotoGP: Rider, Constructor & Team).
    - Pablo Picasso

9. #9 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunafish View Post
    Yes, they will be available through Honda China in 2015, but it seems in limited numbers. So still no really interesting made in China long term offering from Honda... Will the day ever come when we can find a reasonably priced, Japanese brand, made in China, 600cc or so, touring or travel motorcycle here in China? As far as I know so far only Benelli (now owned by a Chinese company) and KTM offer made in China motorcycles in that power range. I have no idea about the reliability of the Chinese Benelli, and a KTM Duke 390 is not particularly suitable for long distance travel.
    Honda build a range of MC models in Thailand, as do Ducati, Kawasaki et al. Some of the Thai made models make their way into PRC via official distribution channels. PRC is a protected market (which I and others have written about here on MCM & elsewhere - if you care to search & read) and despite PRC being a signatory to WTO, there are still protectionist policies in place. Aside from which, one needs look no further than the conflicts of business ethics, morals, norms, business acumen and so much more to understand and appreciate why manufacturers choose other locations other than PRC to base manufacturing facilities. Not that it's all 'peaches and cream' in other jurisdictions though.
    PRC would be one of the last places I'd set up manufacturing anything I'd be concerned about IP issues.

That PRC company that bought Benelli is Qjiang, aka Qijiang, aka Qinjiang. Tunafish if you search on MCM or read some of the different threads and posts under different categories you'll find this information. It's all been written and discussed before one way or another...

A positive is that things are changing. Go back several years ago and the MC landscape was way different. One of the issues that hasn't changed though is the access to cities and ALL Expressways for MC's especially those legally plated >250cc.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 12-10-2014 at 09:02 AM.
    - Pablo Picasso

10. #10 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    Bikerdoc; Yes I know, and in fact I have read those threads, and many of your reviews as well, for quite some years, always enjoyed those... I'm just hoping that this situation will change some day, and there will be some new threads on some exciting new bikes... A review by someone who bought the Benelli BN600GT would be something I'd look forward too... Will someone help out us suffering from PMS?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast