Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunafish View Post
    Yes, they will be available through Honda China in 2015, but it seems in limited numbers. So still no really interesting made in China long term offering from Honda... Will the day ever come when we can find a reasonably priced, Japanese brand, made in China, 600cc or so, touring or travel motorcycle here in China? As far as I know so far only Benelli (now owned by a Chinese company) and KTM offer made in China motorcycles in that power range. I have no idea about the reliability of the Chinese Benelli, and a KTM Duke 390 is not particularly suitable for long distance travel.
    I've spent years wondering why they can't just bolt together a CB500F or something in China. I've come to the conclusion that there are many reasons....If they were reasonably priced, say 45,000 RMB they'd sell like hot-cakes as Honda is a massive kudos brand with face conscious Chinese guys. But the negatives are...

• Designs will be ripped off by the competition
    • Will upset the China 'mafia' and there is a danger if Honda are too successful it would prevent the China losers having market share and the plug may be pulled on entire market
    • They'd end up grey exported if they were significantly cheaper in China
    • Market size in China is small so better off in Thailand
    • Engineers and managers will be happier living in Thailand than China
    • China red tape etc

So they'd probably have to set a high price even if they were made here, most likely it would be 50-55,000 RMB anyhow.

2. #12 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    And here is the bike in Chiang Rai 7 days ago but its called the Honda
    CB300F as per the pictures ! Looks a very nice bike and maybe one
    to consider rather then the Duke 390

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #13 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunafish View Post
    Yes, they will be available through Honda China in 2015, but it seems in limited numbers. So still no really interesting made in China long term offering from Honda... Will the day ever come when we can find a reasonably priced, Japanese brand, made in China, 600cc or so, touring or travel motorcycle here in China? As far as I know so far only Benelli (now owned by a Chinese company) and KTM offer made in China motorcycles in that power range. I have no idea about the reliability of the Chinese Benelli, and a KTM Duke 390 is not particularly suitable for long distance travel.
    What about the new 2015 Kawasaki. 650cc Versys at 83,000 RMB (legal) available in China spring 2015

Made in Thailand which IMO would be better made and assembled bike then a new venture of Japanese bikes made in China !
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #14 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    Honda cannot do anything right but build good cars and motos. An d other things of course, because it is a japanese company. I worked for the oldest japenese co. Many years ago,,,they make decision so damn slowly,,remember. WWII it took them along time to make a decision thats why USA dropped second bomb
    Their car designs are ugly and they are damn slow to change,,

They are clueless to what people wan t and they SEEMINGLY dont care

CBF300 would be far more practical than the 300R lay on the tank boy racer

5. #15 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    ALSO if china is serious about the ASEAN agreement they should move away from the 200% duty for bringing foreign vehicles to china

6. #16 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kikikillercat View Post
    ALSO if china is serious about the ASEAN agreement they should move away from the 200% duty for bringing foreign vehicles to china
    It is not 200% on fully built up ASEAN imported motorcycles at all... it equates to approx 35-45%. FWIW Japan is not part of ASEAN.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

7. #17 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kikikillercat View Post
    Honda cannot do anything right but build good cars and motos. An d other things of course, because it is a japanese company. I worked for the oldest japenese co. Many years ago,,,they make decision so damn slowly,,remember. WWII it took them along time to make a decision thats why USA dropped second bomb
    Their car designs are ugly and they are damn slow to change,,

They are clueless to what people wan t and they SEEMINGLY dont care

CBF300 would be far more practical than the 300R lay on the tank boy racer
    As for Honda being slow and less than innovative... I would debate that thought process. Just take a look at some of the really unusual models Honda have prototyped then actually put into production... e.g. DN-01, CTX, Honda's prototyped African Twin (highly anticipated by some ADV riders), RCV-V4, the NC series which utilises half a Honda fit car engine, and puts it into a MC frame and running gear that then spans three different MC categories... X, S and D (Integra)...
    Maybe you need to either read more MC oreintated mags/e-mags, or perhaps get out of 'dodge' for a while to gain a better understanding or appreciation of what the big four Japanese and other motorcycle manufacturers have been/are doing... AFAIK - to me, they aint been sitting in stuffy boardrooms not making decisions. Some might suggest/argue that Honda have been too innovative, building models that don't sell so well e.g. DN-01
    Another example is Yamaha, who have taken all of the feedback on the XT1200Z for example and integrated the few real nit-picky areas that SOME Super Tenere owners complained about, and integrated these very items into the new model released this year e.g. fuel maps in gears 1-3, cruise control, electronic adjustable suspension, redesigned display, screen adjustment.

As for the comment about WWII... I won't go there other than to say I disagree with you.

Lastly, what you and I want, may not be representative of what the majority of the local MC buyer in PRC want. HD & BMW Motorrad seem to be doing quite nicely in terms of sales within PRC. It is a developing and maturing market, which cannot be fairly compared with a mature market. IMHO PRC is still better than many other more repressive markets... yet still has a long way to go.
    Last edited by bikerdoc; 12-15-2014 at 02:51 AM.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

8. #18 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    As for Honda being slow and less than innovative... I would debate that thought process entirely. Just take a look at some of the really unusual models Honda have prototyped then actually put into production... e.g. DN01, CTX, the NC series which took half a Honda fit car engine, and put it into a frame and running gear that spans three different moto categories... X, S and D (Integra)...
    Maybe you need to either read more moto mags/e-mags, or get out of dodge for a while to get a better understanding or appreciation of what the big four Japanese motorcycle manufacturers have been doing... AFAIK to me, they aint been sitting in stuffy boardrooms not making decisions.
    Yamaha have taken all of the feedback on the XT1200Z for example and integrated the few real nit-picky areas that SOME Super Tenere owners complained about, and integrated these very items into the new model released this year.

As for the comment about WWII... I won't go there other than to say I disagree with you.

Lastly, what you and I want, may not be representative of what the majority of the MC market in PRC want. HD & BMW Motorrad seem to be doing quite nicely in terms of sales within PRC. It is a developing and slowly maturing market, which cannot be fairly compared with a mature market. IMHO PRC is still better than many other more repressive markets...
    kikikillercat is in my view partially right Honda engineering and R&D is massively above the design and marketing departments. Honda do seem to lose market share because they seem a little unimaginative at times, have poor marketing and often make bikes that don't sell. They make 'logical' bikes like some semi-recumbent super scoot which is bought by three university professors or something, when bikers want passion and soul from their machines. Also recent advertising campaign offered me the 'chance to win an ipad'. Soul-less boring choice. Our family already have a few, plus smart phones I'd rather win some other pad than an ipad. Or forget that how about something really exciting, like the chance to meet a pro rider or have a track day or win custom Honda leathers? They are so popular a brand in many places they could make money by having a brand of clothing.

It seems, they think they are doing everything right, but they are just running on three cylinders, conservative and slow and steady. But there are many, many corporations just like this. Shimano and Maxxis are two others.

But Honda do need praise they make great very reliable bikes, and they have spent billions investing in hydrogen fuel cell tech for cars.

9. #19 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    Prince..thanks for the photos... other comments...yes it would be nice to buy a 'dreamwing' etc...but its too damn easy to pick up a moto and put into a van, and any power tool can cut through any lock or chain....
    not being able to insure the moto and how to sell after without a huge hit on the resale price,,,best not to buy unless you plan to drive the wheels off....which almost no one does that this price point 70k plus!

10. #20 Re: honda CBF300 available in China? 
    Bulletproof Twin-Cylinder Engine

Displacing 471cc’s, liquid cooled and featuring parallel cylinders with dual overhead cams, the CB500X powerplant is very efficient, especially with its performance-maximizing electronic Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI). Naturally, it shares Honda’s reassuring reputation for reliability. this one would be tempting the CB500X
    $7,800 in the usa NC700X would even better here China! if only...........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast