Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Picked up my Jialing 150 in Beijing 
    I just watched the video--I could not see a reason for anything bigger than a 150cc if you ride through that traffic all day!!
    I have a sportster and a 200 Qing qi and it works pretty much the same as to getting through traffic, only difference with open pipes, other bikes move over.
    LMMC/LAMF

2. #12 Re: Picked up my Jialing 150 in Beijing 
    C-Moto Noob
    How much was the bike?

3. #13 Re: Picked up my Jialing 150 in Beijing 
    It was about 8500 rmb out the door... including all tax, license plate, etc. The shop threw in a hard luggage box that mounts behind the seat, and a helmet and gloves.

4. #14 Re: Picked up my Jialing 150 in Beijing 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thats pretty reasonable... Without plates it would've been heaps cheaper yea?

What sort of riding did you do on it? City or real country riding?

5. #15 Re: Picked up my Jialing 150 in Beijing 
    Quote Originally Posted by xjridr View Post
    Thats pretty reasonable... Without plates it would've been heaps cheaper yea?

What sort of riding did you do on it? City or real country riding?
    About 7200 I think was the base price without plates and registration. But what are you going to to with a bike that has no plate?

See my ride report here to get an idea what kind of riding I do! With Video :)

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-6th-Ring-Road

6. #16 Re: Picked up my Jialing 150 in Beijing 
    C-Moto Noob
    I only asked because I assumed plates in Beijing would cost more than plates in another province. E.g. If I bought that same bike in Urumqi or Nanjing the plates may be cheaper.

Awesome, I'll read through it! =)

7. #17 Re: Picked up my Jialing 150 in Beijing 
    Quote Originally Posted by xjridr View Post
    I only asked because I assumed plates in Beijing would cost more than plates in another province. E.g. If I bought that same bike in Urumqi or Nanjing the plates may be cheaper.

Awesome, Ill read through it! =)
    Ahh, gotcha. Yeah, I have no idea about other provinces. I do know that Beijing is actually more motorcycle-friendly than a lot of other cities in China... in some cities you can't register bikes at all and/or they are outright banned. Here in Beijing motorcycles can use the expressways, and that's not the case for a lot of China. etc etc.

8. #18 Re: Picked up my Jialing 150 in Beijing 
    C-Moto Noob
    Great post. Just wondering if we could have the first bi-monthly update.... How's she running? Have you managed to iron out the original niggles you had with the bike?

9. #19 Re: Picked up my Jialing 150 in Beijing 
    Quote Originally Posted by xiao.baba View Post
    Great post. Just wondering if we could have the first bi-monthly update.... How's she running? Have you managed to iron out the original niggles you had with the bike?
    Welcome!

The bike is approaching 1000km. A few days ago I had a problem with the motorcycle sputtering and cutting out at speeds above 60 kilometers per hour. See here for more info: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-Monday-Feb-23

I'm not yet sure if the problem is resolved as the sputtering was intermittent. I hate intermittent problems! But, I have enough faith in the bike that I'm going out for a ride this Sunday to test it out.

My thoughts on the bike now: The gearbox loosened up a little bit (or I just got used to how stiff it is?). That's no longer a complaint. I adjusted the rear brake light switch so that it works properly. The brakes themselves now seem adequate. The rear shock is barely adequate... this is probably my biggest concern right now regarding rideability. I am thinking about swapping it for a better shock, but I haven't begun to look for a suitable replacement. This will come into play if I want to carry saddlebags with camping gear/food/beer/gasoline over long distances. Or a passenger.

Fuel range sucks. I'm getting about 200 kilometers per full tank (reserve included). I want to get a bigger tank. Alternatively, I could carry a gas can and strap it to the bike somehow.

I added hand guards which help a lot with keeping my hands warm during these winter months, and of course if I crash I hopefully won't break a lever. I also added a 12v cigarette lighter power outlet with two USB ports. I have a mount for my phone, too, so I can charge my phone while using the GPS. And I carry a 12v air pump with me "just in case."

Lots of videos of this bike on my youtube channel, too! https://www.youtube.com/user/galen0yzf600r/

10. #20 Re: Picked up my Jialing 150 in Beijing 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by galenernest View Post
    I want to get a bigger tank. Alternatively, I could carry a gas can and strap it to the bike somehow.
    if you ever go that route, do report back on the progress filling a jerry can at a Beijing municipality gas station please.

Ride safe! PAL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast