Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello all UK SJ250GY-6 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi to all, in the uk-yorkshire. My bike is a skyjet sj250gy-6 had this 7 months now purchased new. Bitch to start and now dosent sorry to say. losing faith as I have had a number of issues. Has anyone got one? Nice bike but wish it would start. Working through it at the moment but confused over emission air valve. Thanks for looking. Pete
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: Hello all UK SJ250GY-6 
    You might want to join us on chinariders.net as well. There are a few very active, knowledgeable people there who respond quicker than here. Both are great groups of members, but I have seen Chinariders diagnose and get people moving much quicker.

Welcome to here, BTW!!

C-Moto Guru
    Use this:

It is for a QIANJIANG QJ250 but you must check the same things.

good luck.
    Last edited by beniamin82; 12-29-2014 at 11:25 AM.

4. #4 Re: Hello all UK SJ250GY-6 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks benjamin for the flow chart. This where im at.
    Changed spark plug
    Battery in good order
    Good spark when cranked over
    Spark plug (New) damp to moist

I have a vacuum pipe coming off the inlet manifold at the bottom not top!!. This is then going to a valve device.( looks and fells like a solenoid) Coming off the other side is a pipe going to the air box along with the lower crank case vent (maybe be wrong wording) connected above. I removed the pipe from the inlet manifold and this had fuel inside, not a huge amount though. When cranked over the pipe is sucking towards the inlet manifold. I bypassed the valve.

Same as before after a couple of twists on the throttle bike fires then dies. I have also tried blocking pipe to the manifold inlet and I get the same fires then dies.

The emission control may or may not have anything to do with why the bike performs this way but would like to rule it out and being like I am understand what this valve does as it looks like it is permanently closed one way blocking airflow from getting to the inlet manifold. Will post some pics. I am a subscriber to china rider and have sought info from there too. Please see pics. ta Pete
    Attached Images

C-Moto Guru
    You should check the engine emergency switch. One should be on the mitorbike side stand the other one on the right side of the steering (wheel?). first you can switch of, and ifor this helps not try to make a shortcut.

And try to switch the CDI unit with somebody who has the same engine Type.
    I had something simmilar, my engine started and goes randomly off. It was the CDI module

I do not know what is this for valve. Can be that this prevents from gas flow if engine is off.