Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 how to check and change gearbox oil and engine oil Loncin 250cc 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi i'm new here and i have a Loncin 250cc motor and i don't know how to change or check the engine oil,how much oil should be in there and how can i check the gearbox oil and where is the filler plug, how much oil should be in there one other thing i'm curious to know about i have a little hole on my gearbox cover and i think all the gearbox oil leaked out and i need to know what type of oil and if i can use havoline automatic transmission fluid and how much i need Thanks

2. #2 Re: how to check and change gearbox oil and engine oil Loncin 250cc 
    Most Chinese 4 stroke shares the SAME engine oil . If u're talking CVT (scooter...) type, there's gear oil like these: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...cket=13#detail
    BTW
    Last edited by humanbeing; 01-20-2015 at 05:05 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1999 View Post
    Hi i'm new here and i have a Loncin 250cc motor and i don't know how to change or check the engine oil,how much oil should be in there and how can i check the gearbox oil and where is the filler plug, how much oil should be in there one other thing i'm curious to know about i have a little hole on my gearbox cover and i think all the gearbox oil leaked out and i need to know what type of oil and if i can use havoline automatic transmission fluid and how much i need Thanks
    Engine oil is the gearbox oil
    If you loose oil its engine oil
    The gearbox uses the oil from the engine!
    Sounds dangerous to me if lost any oil

4. #4 Re: how to check and change gearbox oil and engine oil Loncin 250cc 
    C-Moto Noob
    this is the engine that i have,but i was wondering about the dipstick and the little glass level check thing,which is for the gearbox and which is for the engine it self and were can i put more oil for the gearbox is it the little screw/plug right on top of the gearbox cover, and am i right that i can put more oil for the engine it self thru the dipstick hole and which bolt is it to drain the gearbox and/or the engine the one marked green or the one marked red

moteur-loncin-200.jpgmoteur-loncin-200-2.jpg

250cc_engine.jpg
    Last edited by 1999; 01-20-2015 at 03:47 PM.

Banned
    The green one has a small screen filter and spring behind it
    The red is also a drain or maybe the main drain plug
    Drain from both or Chinese monkey does it from the green only

Banned
    this is the engine that i have,but i was wondering about the dipstick and the little glass level check thing,which is for the gearbox and which is for the engine it self and were can i put more oil for the gearbox is it the little screw/plug right on top of the gearbox cover, and am i right that i can put more oil for the engine it self thru the dipstick hole and which bolt is it to drain the gearbox and/or the engine the one marked green or the one marked red

moteur-loncin-200.jpgmoteur-loncin-200-2.jpg

250cc_engine.jpg
    Mate your a bit lost! Engine oil is also gear box oil
    It's all in one like 99% of motorbikes I know of
    1 litre of oil is needed empty to full
    Use the glass and dipstick to check the level.

7. #7 Re: how to check and change gearbox oil and engine oil Loncin 250cc 
    know what type of oil ...
    The cheap 15w40 for diesel ( non energy conservation/ higher ZDDP ) is a safe bet . If u believes those BUY the "proper" bike oil that meets JASO MA. http://vfrworld.com/tex_vfr/tech/oil.htm
    ---
    Skip 08:30- 28:40 in "normal" oil change

8. #8 Re: how to check and change gearbox oil and engine oil Loncin 250cc 
    C-Moto Noob
    So if i'm getting it right when i put oil thru the dipstick hole then i am filling the engine and the gearbox,but i get oil reading on the dipstick but i don't see any oil reading on the glass oil check and i have a small hole on the bottom of my gearbox cover, but what does the plug/screw on the top of the gearbox cover do

C-Moto Guru
    Better fill oil and check it on the glas window. The dipstic maybe (often) from other motorcycle model.

The top plug/screw is to see marks they you need to adjust the valve clearences.

And the side with the plug on the top is not gearbox side it is dynamo/magneto side. Often there is no oil.

Banned
    So if i'm getting it right when i put oil thru the dipstick hole then i am filling the engine and the gearbox,but i get oil reading on the dipstick but i don't see any oil reading on the glass oil check and i have a small hole on the bottom of my gearbox cover, but what does the plug/screw on the top of the gearbox cover do
    Oh boy your a real beginner
    Often the glass window is dirty or oil is just a little full and can't see the air bubble.
    Check dipstick or drain the oil and only put in 0.9 litres to check dipstick and glass - it should be near correct or just slightly low

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast