Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 SOLD 2008 Regal Raptor DD250E-9 Zhejiang/Taizhou 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Edit: Sold via 58.com - 3900 RMB (and 6 hours of faffing about transferring it. Good grief china, get your act together. This takes 30 minutes back home!)

2008 Regal Raptor DD250E-9, 36,000km on the clock.
    Located in Zhejiang/Taizhou/Linhai. About 4 hours by train south of Shanghai. 3 hrs ride from Wenzhou.

Resigned from my job yesterday, going home as soon as I sell the bike.

Very good nick. To my inexperienced ear and bum, it runs well and is very comfortable. My more experienced friends had a listen (but not a ride) and gave their thumbs up. I'm a new rider so I took it easy the whole time, cruising at 50-80 on good roads only. Haven't had any accidents or notable problems.

I bought it 6 months ago for 6500RMB from the original purchaser. Reluctant sale due to returning home. I'll definitely be buying a bike when I get back to Oz. After 40 years fearing bikes, I'm a convert :)
    I've taken it on a few 100km+ runs with no problems but I doubt that I've done 1000km since purchase. Insured and registered, I have all the papers. I also bought extra PICC insurance. Not sure if that's transferable but it's yours if you want it.

* Water cooled 250.
    * Front disc, drum rear.
    * Alarm with remote, doesn't seem to prone to false triggering.
    * I changed the oil as soon as I bought it and have done so again since. Pretty sure I used Yamalube both times.
    * I fitted a 115db horn on the drop bar (original pathetic horn still in its original position if you really want)
    * I fitted a USB / lighter adapter and GPS mount on the handlebar. Fits my Galaxy Note II with room to spare.
    * New headlight and driver shortly after purchase.
    * New sparks a month ago, hardly ridden it since.
    * Two seats and parcel rack
    * Very comfy foot boards for the passenger and rider
    * Electrics seem fine. Headlight flasher, horn, blinkers etc. Never ran flat on me.
    * I'll supply a basic brake-disc keylock but I'm taking my Xena with me :)

Faults:
    * Die-cast choke lever mounting has broken but mechanic lashed everything down with cable ties and it works fine.
    * A squeak at very low speed (sub 20kph) on the front end had me replace the front wheel bearing about a month ago. Doesn't seem to have had an effect. I suspect it's just the brake pads rubbing a little. Disc shows some sign of wear but the mechanic said neither the pads nor disc need replacing/adjusting.
    * Right side exhaust has been scraped (prior to my ownership) and repaired with screw hose clamps. Not pretty but works and I can't hear any gas leakage.
    * Blinkers work fine but the audible beeper waxes and wanes in volume sometimes.
    * Clutch very occasionally has trouble shifting down past second into neutral if I stop the bike completely before shifting. Not sure if that's a clutch problem or just my inexperience with motorbikes. I've only noticed it when I stop at the lights. Killing the engine, releasing the clutch, giving the bike a nudge and pulling in the clutch again fixes the problem.

I'll throw in my XXXL Vega helmet if you want it. It's got a GoPro mount on the right side and a standard tripod mount with GoPro bracket on the chin. (GoPro camera not included!)
    Will also throw in a pair of heavy leather panniers if you want them. They don't fit super-well due to the passenger foot boards but they do the job.

4000 RMB, you pay for the transfer.

Pics can be see here: http://tz.58.com/danche/207040050483...7146&ClickID=1
    Last edited by bmic; 01-22-2015 at 03:30 PM.