Side view.jpgNaked sml.jpg

Using a well tried bartering practice , I have aquired this wonderful machine. Listed faults included non-working speedo and odd mirrors , however a few other issues need attention .
To me , the machine is very unusual , having only owned regular motorcycles . Really it is a scooter in disguise but I plan to experience the delights it will provide . I do not understand why the machine was fitted with the little red metal top box . On a black coloured machine it looks like a pimple or zit . I have already obtained a suitable black replacement.
I have taken most of the panels off to try and impove the paint job . Queensland sunlight has been very aggressive on the plastic material and the paint surface . High stress areas such as mounting points have cracked or broken . I am trying to repair as necessary .
The exhaust silencer (muffler) leaks at the joint between the down pipe and the box . Given that the unit is constructed from quite thick metal , I plan to grind the metal surface and mig weld to repair . Any muffler repair advice will be appreciated . Later I will spray paint the box , with high temperature black and refit the chromed decoration trim .
Of interest is the broken speedometer cable which I was able to order from Ali Express (China) , costing a fraction of the Aussie price at less than ten bucks ! Only drawback is a longish delivery time .
I welcome any feedback on this machine especially advice on spares suppliers in Australia.

graham5494