Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 QLink XF200/DR200 head swap? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi, I've lurked on this forum for some time now and learned a lot thanks to the good folks here. I didn't want to ask questions already thrashed out but haven't seen anything adressing this.

I have a Genesis GXT200 (XF200 with a different name) here in Nicaragua which is considered the best after the China made Honda. The national speed limit is 80kmh, about 47MPH and most bikes in the country are between 125 and 200cc. I previously had a BMW F650GS but it was far too big and heavy for the backroads and lack of roads here.

Always looking for more power- I raced Ducati and Moto Guzzi twins 35-40 years ago and haven't outgrown it- I've looked for an easy way for a little more power while keeping in mind it's only 200cc. I considered the jet swap and saw a thread discussing a Suzuki 30mm carb but nothing came of it.

As the issue seems to be stud spacing, inlet and airbox issues would it be possible to use a DR200 head/carb/airbox as an easy bolt-on swap? I see DR200 heads fairly cheap on eBay and could easily bring the setup on a trip to the U.S.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. #2 Re: QLink XF200/DR200 head swap? 
    Join us on chinariders.net as well. Most members are North American-based which would be closer to you, as well as the fact that your bike is fairly common in both Canada and the US unlike many members here who are China-based.

There is a major XF200 retailer out of San Diego, Cal. Actually, since Qlink no longer is in business in the US, they have moved into the SSR XF250, but have many parts, including a custom FMF exhaust they retail(ed?) for the XF200. I am pretty sure they can steer you in the right direction:

http://www.jpmotorsports.com/

3. #3 Re: QLink XF200/DR200 head swap? 
    C-Moto Regular
    i created a page dedicated to these bikes here 700 active members so far :)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/323689247807856/

4. #4 Re: QLink XF200/DR200 head swap? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Culcune, thanks for the link. I don't have a QLink, but its hermana a Genesis 200. Going to the US for a visit and want to pick up some Suzuki/QLink parts cheaper and easier than I can get them here. I had hoped someone had attempted what looks to be a fairly straightforward way to get a 30mm carb on these great bikes. I beat the crap out of mine on the volcanos and it doesn't give up... yet. When it does, I'll deserve it.

Impulsive, thanks for the invite. See you there.