Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Yamaha XTZ125, good news 
    Zorge.

I bought the Programable CDI from http://ignitech.cz/en/ . I really efficient company, well informed sales team and fast delivery by DHL. It plugs directly into the original wiring loom, they supplied me a copy of their programme on a CD, even though it could be downloaded from their website. The whole process was incredible undramatic.

The biggest stumbling block was to find out the original advance curve as a base line setting, I searched high and low but no joy so in the end I used what I thought would be right, wired up the CDI and fired up the XTZ. I spent a while adjusting the parameters in my workshop before venturing out. To fine tune I used a local hill and a pieces of flat road, basically I went up and down the hill adjusting after each run and used the flat road for acceleration and top speed testing. I used my Gps to verify the results. I adjusted more for torque than HP. So after a couple of afternoons playing around with CDI and re jetting the carb it runs really sweetly. I did set the rev limiter 1500 RPM above the original setting just to give a bit more power if a really need it but I must admit I have hardly used it.

There are some functions that I have not used so far but I plan to use soon, the most important one is a rev counter output, followed by a shift light.
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy

2. #32 Re: Yamaha XTZ125, good news 
    I want to ask you one more thing before I stop to bother you with questions.

Can you describe how differs this settings/graph (as I understand, this settings can be shown in line chart; vertically are shown degree advance BTDC, horizontally revs) you applied on your engine, from the stock/standard settings? You know, something like: up to 1500 rpm - 18 deg., 2000 rpm - 20 deg., 2500 rpm - 22 deg. and so on.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234