Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Yamaha XTZ125, good news 
    Prince 666.

I said that from the short time with the XTZ that I was delighted, obviously a full opinion on my bike will take a lot more time. I had my last bike 14 years :-)

I have had lots of cars and a few bikes and of course anything will break over time, I hope that a Yamaha will give me a lot less grief than a Chinese bike. I have had quite a few Yamahas and they have all given me great service, I hope that this one is just as good.

What did you do to your Yamaha to get 10kw ? It will be interesting to see if your modifications are similar to my planned ones. You said you had problems with the engine bearings, anything else that gave you trouble ?

I plan to do my own maintainence as I have a lock up storeroom in the car park of the apartment block where I live, I need to work out a reasonable maintainence schedule to keep on top of things, so it would seem reasonable to strip the motor down every 10,000 - 12,000 kms to make sure all is well. I will take a look a good look at the engine bearings and replace with non Chinese ones.

I'll start a separate post on my bike as soon as work allows.

If you aever get down to HuiZhou please look me up, I always happy to share a beer with a fellow biker :-)
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy

2. #12 Re: Yamaha XTZ125, good news 
    Quote Originally Posted by Symon260z View Post
    Prince 666.

I said that from the short time with the XTZ that I was delighted, obviously a full opinion on my bike will take a lot more time. I had my last bike 14 years :-)

I have had lots of cars and a few bikes and of course anything will break over time, I hope that a Yamaha will give me a lot less grief than a Chinese bike. I have had quite a few Yamahas and they have all given me great service, I hope that this one is just as good.

What did you do to your Yamaha to get 10kw ? It will be interesting to see if your modifications are similar to my planned ones. You said you had problems with the engine bearings, anything else that gave you trouble ?

I plan to do my own maintainence as I have a lock up storeroom in the car park of the apartment block where I live, I need to work out a reasonable maintainence schedule to keep on top of things, so it would seem reasonable to strip the motor down every 10,000 - 12,000 kms to make sure all is well. I will take a look a good look at the engine bearings and replace with non Chinese ones.

I'll start a separate post on my bike as soon as work allows.

If you aever get down to HuiZhou please look me up, I always happy to share a beer with a fellow biker :-)
    PM your email and I will send details and pictures of all the work done on my YBR that is best ?
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #13 Re: Yamaha XTZ125, good news 
    prionce666.

Pm sent, many thanks for your kind offer :-)
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy

4. #14 Re: Yamaha XTZ125, good news 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    PM your email and I will send details and pictures of all the work done on my YBR that is best ?
    And the rest of us will stay deprived...
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

5. #15 Re: Yamaha XTZ125, good news 
    You’re probably correct that when swapping out an engine, for the most part, it will not get noticed. However referring to the swap as making it legal is misrepresenting the literal meaning of the word legal. It’s a bit like saying driving over the speed limit is legal, until you get caught. If you swap an engine and then get in an accident, the probability of none noticing the engine was swapped, is it the same? Because in most legal systems it defaults you to operating it illegally and in that at fault in any accident. At fault simply because the alteration, noticed or not is in fact illegal.

6. #16 Re: Yamaha XTZ125, good news 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    And the rest of us will stay deprived...

Sorry Zorge when a member post a PM that I sent him and he post the PM on MCM which is strictly against forum rules and I have reported it so the post can be to removed and the same member. Fuck it let's not beat about the bush the member is PAL !!
    And when this same member talks about the engine swap as be dodgy and posting condescending comments
    I just say fuck it why should I post all the information and pictures I have on the YBR engine upgrade so PAL can make more condescending
    Remarks !!
    Happy to copy you in with the email just PM your email address

Hope you understand why I will not post the details !!
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #17 Re: Yamaha XTZ125, good news 

2 prince666
    PM's on the way.

8. #18 Re: Yamaha XTZ125, good news 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Hey, what do you guys think about putting this on XTZ?

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...ucket=6#detail

Its the same engine as the YBR125 so it will fit. Im thinking how much more oil, would have to measure the volume of the radiator

9. #19 Re: Yamaha XTZ125, good news 
    Y
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    Hey, what do you guys think about putting this on XTZ?

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...ucket=6#detail

Its the same engine as the YBR125 so it will fit. Im thinking how much more oil, would have to measure the volume of the radiator
    Hi
    You will be surpized how little more oil the pipes and oil cooler takes on the LifYam ! Its only .2L more which is still 20% more without the oil Cooler !

10. #20 Re: Yamaha XTZ125, good news 
    BTW, does this small "Yamaha" engine has some other filter element than this steel mash in the... oil pan, some oil spinner or something similar?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast