Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 2005 Hongdou GY200 wiring diagrams and parts 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi all,

I lost my job and my friend gave me his Stolen/Recovered GY200 to fix up in my spare time to keep me from going insane.
    Unfortunately as you can imagine a lot of things were missing off it :(
    I have been scouring the sites etc for information and although I have found several wiring schematics I am not an electronics whizz and I have been struggling a little.
    I am usually pretty good at fathoming out where something should be in the wiring diagrams but for the life of me I am struggling with the GY200.
    The loom as far as I can see is completely intact except for the earth lead to the battery and it is this that is driving me crazy.

I can see on all the schematics that it is a green wire and that it should be attached to:
    1. Relay
    2. Rectifier

However I have looked at these and cannot see how it would be connected there, instead I noticed that there is a green wire that is attached to the coil but is loose suggesting that a thicker wire was attached to it at some point which leads me to think that this is where the battery lead was connected into the circuit.

It is a longshot but does anyone have photographs of their Hongdou GY200?
    The exhaust is on the left hand side on mine, whereas I have noticed a lot have it on the right which adds to the confusion. The battery is therefore placed on the left, or it will be once I have bought a new box for it.
    The speedo, handlebar switches, headlamp and all lights were stolen off the bike as well as the rear disc and sprocket so have been having fun trying to identify all the parts required. I have to say that www.china-parts.co.uk have an extensive range so was easy to find a lot of parts on there and then look on ebay for other stuff a bit cheaper.
    It is just a shame that the manual is non-existant both literally and content wise.

So any help would be great please.

thanks

Dax

2. #2 Re: 2005 Hongdou GY200 wiring diagrams and parts 
    Most vertical chonda are similar to http://do.ejdz.cn:8087/%E6%91%A9%E6%...F%E5%9B%BE.gif

3. #3 Re: 2005 Hongdou GY200 wiring diagrams and parts 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    Most vertical chonda are similar to http://do.ejdz.cn:8087/%E6%91%A9%E6%...F%E5%9B%BE.gif
    Hi,
    I was never very good at following those type of schematics.
    i am better with photographs of actual bikes and the wiring on them. I can folliw tye schematics but it is easier to see what it should look like in the flesh as it were.