Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Wanted: Bike in Harbin or Beijing 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I don't have a Chinese ID card ??? so how does it work for me ???? as to Xingjang province it is very regulated due to the many Self-immolation with the monks .
    Sorry, dont know. Just try to fill up when you are 100kms short of running out at every petrol station, and when you are down to reserve, just go to the police and explain the situation. Ask taxi drivers or other riders to buy fuel for you, as I had to do only once. Carry a jerry can. You can do it.

mika

2. #12 Re: Wanted: Bike in Harbin or Beijing 
    C-Moto Regular
    I think it is more of a problem that you didn't have a chinese plate. They don't look at blue or black books they just see you have no plate and then will ask for your ID to make sure you are legitimately in China. Since your case is so rare, they probably refused out of fear from police penalizing them.

3. #13 Re: Wanted: Bike in Harbin or Beijing 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    I don't have a Chinese ID card ??? so how does it work for me ???? as to Xingjang province it is very regulated due to the many Self-immolation with the monks .
    Xin jiang doesn't have any Self-immolation with the monks .That is the Big T. Xin jiang is very regulated at times due to other factors. One has to remember Xin jiang has borders with numerous countries hence why it is regulated by the powers that be has been for thousands of years and probably will be for many more.

4. #14 Re: Wanted: Bike in Harbin or Beijing 
    Quote Originally Posted by mika View Post
    Hello Prince666,

thank you for your reply, you are right, I did not have a Blue Book or a Black Book or any other book ...

I wrote in my RR

The only province I had problems getting fuel, was Xingjang province ... I did not write that that this happened all over China. And in Xingjang province, they would ask me for my Chinese ID card, that I did not have, to sell fuel to me. They never asked for any bike document (books), so it was clear that they would sell petrol only to Chinese (or foreigners with an ID card). But with Yuhmak I have a range of 800-900 kms, so I did not need to fill up every day, but it was the same all over Xingjang province. But at some stations they would just sell it to me, putting my passport number into their list. And in one little town I had to go to the police to get a paper that would allow the people at the petrol station to give me fuel.

So, at least in this point I did not make an error in the report.

mika
    I never got asked for my ID card or my passport when purchasing petrol in xinnjiang. Did get asked for my passport many times at checkpoints.Thats not to say certain people asked for a Chinese ID card China and more so Xin jjiang what happens one day or week can change the next day or week depending on which people you interact with.

5. #15 Re: Wanted: Bike in Harbin or Beijing 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I never got asked for my ID card or my passport when purchasing petrol in xinnjiang. Did get asked for my passport many times at checkpoints.Thats not to say certain people asked for a Chinese ID card China and more so Xin jjiang what happens one day or week can change the next day or week depending on which people you interact with.
    Yes, very well said ... what happens one day or week can change the next day or week depending on which people you interact with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12