Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Guangzhou to Heyuan, Guangdong on CB-1/CB600 Hornet 
    A ride I took from Guangzhou to Heyuan last weekend, since the clowns at Shineray couldn't come through on their promises to sell me a bike. I made lemons out of their lemonade and bought this Honda instead. You guys up north don't get too jealous of us warm southerners

2. #2 Re: Guangzhou to Heyuan, Guangdong on CB-1/CB600 Hornet 
    Nice....

The first time I was up there was in January of 2008, it was all brand new without any traffic... I mean not a single vehicle anywhere, absolutely incredible . The Xinfengjiang reservoir has always been one of my favorite rides.

You might want to try Nanling, west of Shaoguan, another epic Guangdong ride.

Looks like the bike you got is a good choice, enjoy.

Cheers

3. #3 Re: Guangzhou to Heyuan, Guangdong on CB-1/CB600 Hornet 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Nice....

The first time I was up there was in January of 2008, it was all brand new without any traffic... I mean not a single vehicle anywhere, absolutely incredible . The Xinfengjiang reservoir has always been one of my favorite rides.

You might want to try Nanling, west of Shaoguan, another epic Guangdong ride.

Looks like the bike you got is a good choice, enjoy.

Cheers
    I don't sense a tinge of nostalgia coming over you do I? I mean, my buddies back in Tennessee, Georgia and North-South Carolina are always in awe of my China motorcycle stuff. And they have some fantastic places to go in those areas. It still doesn't compare to the sense of adventure that encompasses riding in China. I've managed to get my life here to where I have little interaction with the petty annoyances that drive me insane. Maximum fun; minimum hassle and annoyances. The Nanling area in Ruyuan is next on my list of places to go actually. I'm gonna meet up with the Beijiang river just northeast of Qingyuan and follow that north to Shaoguan. Maybe spend a few days there. I think a lot of the veteran MCMers might prefer some detailed ride reports somewhere new and interesting, but... I'm making these videos for my friends and family back home... Thought I'd go ahead and post them here... A little nervous about riding this old thrown together Japanese Frankenbike too far from Guangzhou because my mechanic lives in Zengcheng and I reckon' I'll have to freight the bike there if there if there are any serious mechanical issue.

Cheers

Banned
    I just moved to QingYuan little north of Guangzhou - any riders out this way?

5. #5 Re: Guangzhou to Heyuan, Guangdong on CB-1/CB600 Hornet 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    qingyuan? I once lived there,good places,Now i go to hubei yichang,also a good city.

Banned
    I've moved - hopeless school there
    I had 1200 students :(